1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

TXT longer than 160 cut off?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by summit, Nov 27, 2009.

1. summit

summit New Member

Aug 29, 2007

Sponsored Ad

My Q and Saga would just break the message up and send multiple messages.

The droid just cuts off and doesn't send anything beyond 160. How to fix??? Different TXT client?

#1 summit, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Short answer...yes. Install "Handcent SMS" from the market place. It is free and sends longer texts.:dft009:smile

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I had not tried this on my Droid yet but, on my Q9c I would just sent text in mms that way you write pages and pages up to the file size limit.
    This really does work well for long messages and appear well on the receiving end.

5. DroidRobot12

Bronze

Nov 13, 2009
    I have had this app for some time now, it works great and I love the features that allow you to create your own custom texting environment. Good Post!

6. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Can someone please remove this post? seems like an ad to me.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    post removed!
    thanks

8. rkcoll1

Bronze

Sep 23, 2008
    Handcent is a must have for messaging! Love the pop ups.

9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Funny, I don't like the pop-ups...have it turned off...

10. Vazguard

Bronze

Jan 10, 2008
    I just sent a text that was longer than 160 characters today, and it worked fine. One thing: the person I sent it to has a VZW phone, and sending long texts to others without it in the past have returned with a VZW message saying the phone doesn't support long texts. So it might have something to do with the others' phones as well.

In the past couple weeks I haven't encountered that message, however.