1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Typing

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by naviwilliams, Aug 16, 2011.

1. naviwilliams

Bronze

Feb 4, 2011

Sponsored Ad

I'm so use to typing on the iPhone 4, I'm finding it hard to get use to the Samsung typing.

Are there shortcuts for adding a period, and making the first letter of the next word [not the start of a sentence] CAPS? And using punctuation in general, I don't have to press the shift, then the one I wan't, do I? Is there an option to hold shift and slide to the one I want [I hate to say it], like you can on the iPhone?

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Have you looked at Smart Keyboard? Also, which version OS are you running?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. naviwilliams

Bronze

Feb 4, 2011
    I haven't, but I've since installed Gingerbread keyboard, and it seems to work well. Albeit, I'm still trying to figure out last 'moves' to use punctuation's...

The standard os is installed 2.2

5. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Just try hitting the space bar twice. Works for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

6. sambhavna

sambhavna Guest

All the samsung touch screen phones encounter typing problems, except the larger ones. Samsung galaxy y and such same models have a big screen looks but then the user interface screen size comes, then the screen is very smaller and the typing keypad is very tiny, i also am used to touch screen tying on my Lumia abut then i use these galaxy small series phone the typing is very ridiculous. it takes a couple of minutes to type a small sentence.
    Lower galaxy series are very boring and much irritating.