1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to install some apps on MB300

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by music___me, Jan 3, 2013.

1. music___me

music___me New Member

Jan 3, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Hi everyone. I'm very new to Android and to "smartphones" in general. I'm pretty sure what I have is a Motorola Backflip. The Model is MB300.

The reason I'm "pretty sure" is because I got it for free from someone who upgraded to a new phone. It doesn't have a SIM card and I'm just using it as a wifi device and for camera.

It works pretty well! Browsing, email, camera, all work fine. However...

I'm unable to install the Google Play Store which is where the apps are that I want. Specifically, I want to install the Evernote and Kindle apps. I can't do that via Google Play or Amazon App Store because "my device isn't supported".

Is this a common problem? Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Have you tried from play.google.com?
    Do you have the install file for the store and it wont work? Or you can't find it?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. music___me

music___me New Member

Jan 3, 2013
  5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    It appears that your Backflip is on the list of supported devices:
    Motorola
    • Backflip
    Which OS is installed on your phone?

6. music___me

music___me New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    My model is the MB300 which doesn't appear to be on their list and the OS is 1.5

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    The problem is your phone is on a way too old OS version. I am reading that the phone was updated to 2.1 however since its not hooked up to a carrier you probably can't get that update without rooting your phone and loading a custom ROM on it.

8. music___me

music___me New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    And that part scares me. I'm brand new to this stuff and don't want to break the only phone I can afford, a free one. This one is working well enough at the moment for camera, browsing, games, email, etc. so I'll just leave things be.

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Probably a wise choice for now....