1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Uninstall system apps on my rooted zte zmax z970

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by bobcat72, Jun 4, 2016.

1. bobcat72

bobcat72 New Member

May 21, 2016

Sponsored Ad

How do I uninstall system apps on my rooted ZTE ZMAX Z970?

Sent from my Z970 using Everything Android mobile app

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    You can try the System App Remover available in the Play Store. Very highly rated.

Use at your own risk and pay very close attention to what you are doing....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    This actually looks interesting, Steve. I know you don't root your phones'. I have, and have always used Titanium Backup to freeze or uninstall system apps. Riskier than this one, because there are no "warnings"... I may need to take a look at this one!

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Well hello there sunshine....Hope you and the family are well and enjoying the somewhat nice weather.

You are correct. I don't root phones. I understand many do and if I was paying for it perhaps I might reconsider. The bloatware on these devices is pretty ridiculous. What is your primary reason you do rooting? Other than the bloatware I haven't really identified anything I want to do with the device that I haven't been able to.

Glad to see you are still out there....

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Hey, Steve! This time around I bought a Motorola X Pure, which is carrier unlocked. Honestly no "bloatware" except for some Moto features, but they are actually great additions to the Phone, so I didn't remove them. The main reason I did root the phone was for Ad Away. This takes the ads out of "free" apps. I pay for plenty of apps, but some are only "free" versions, so the ads help the developers. Ad Away helps with this. There is a version that works without root, but this only works when the Wi-Fi is on.

The other main reason I root is for Titanium Backup, which does 2 things for me. One is easily back up everything (apps/data/call logs/etc..) and the second is that after I backup an app, I can save the backup (data included) and revert to that version if I should hate the newer version...

Time sure flies by, as I can't believe how long I've been here! My oldest graduated college 2 years ago and is an architect, my son is going into his senior year at college studying to be an engineer, and my "baby" just finished her freshman year at college. She wants to go into the medical field, currently thinking about orthodontics! How are things by you?

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Thanks for the detailed reply.

Glad to hear things are well by you and the family. Life just rolls by and is speeding up over here. I think I may have mentioned I completed my remodel of the kitchen and I must say I am quite pleased with myself! If you have a moment, take a look here.

Now starting the visions of retirement. Window is approximately two years, but nothing definite. Only sure bet is that I have to get out of New York. Can't afford to live here on a fixed income....<sigh>

8. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Renovation looks amazing! New York is barely affordable for me as it is, at this rate I can retire at 97....

9. expertcliping

expertcliping New Member

Jan 7, 2017
    hi, you have System app remover used to easily removed system applications..