1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Unlock screen issues after restart

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by i5sec0ndz, Aug 28, 2014.

1. i5sec0ndz

i5sec0ndz New Member

Aug 28, 2014

Sponsored Ad

Hello everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), with latest update 4.4.2 KitKat.
    After i am restarting my phone, the unlock buttons on screen are changing position.
    If i am tapping my Sim PIN according to the position of buttons, it says wrong PIN. After 3 fails i have to enter the PUK code (which is normal) ..
    However, if i am tapping the PIN where the buttons should be, works like a charm. I have to mention that i have no problems with keyboard in sending messages, writing emails, landscape or portrait orientation, no problems with the digitizer, no problem at all. Only on the unlock screen.
    Second issue is with Viber, an issue that me and many people i know encounter. When you want to end the Viber call, and the screen is locked, you can't. The screen is black and not responding to the home button press or lock/unlock button. The soft keys are lit but nothing happens.

Any ideeas for those issues? Thank you!

P.S. (first print screen with problem, second one with correct position. On the wrong screen you can see that between the rows there is less space, message, clock, date and alarm are missing)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      225.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      231.8 KB
      Views:
  2. androidbabbles

androidbabbles New Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Use your Google account for unlocking
    • When you try different patterns and unable to unlock your phone in five attempts. Then a message pop-up and shows two buttons “next” and “try again”.
    • Now click on “next” button and you see two options for unlocking phone. One is answer the security question and the second option is to provide Google account details.
    • Mostly people don’t set a security question. But if you set it then simply answer the question and unlock your device quickly. Otherwise check the Google account option and click “next”.
    • Now provide your Google account username and password attached with your device and click on “sign in”.
    • After that you are directed to choose new pattern and now you can unlock with this pattern.
    After following this guide tutorial now you can access your android device as the pattern lockhas been completely disabled. This is all about how to unlock android phone or tablet if you forgot the pattern. Hope this helps you in unlocking your device.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    The OP didn't need help with the unlock code. He needed to know why the screen was messed up, so he couldn't access the keyboard. His first screenshot shows only two rows of the key pass screen. He couldn't type in a password if the keyboard isn't showing correctly...