1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Unrevoked 'Forever'

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Aug 12, 2010.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

The good people from the Unrevoked Team have released a new tool that will unlock your EVO or Incredible, well, forever.

What it does in a nut shell is:
    So if you get that 2.2 update, you wont have to worry about losing your root.

I already went ahead and did this, took mer minutes to do, and painless. As always, do a nandroid backup before attempting anything should something go wrong.

Also, you MUST already be rooted to do this, if not, then head to the Unrevoked site and root that phone!

Here is the link to the page to learn more, make sure you read it good before doing it.

Good Luck

2. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Does Rooting wipe the device clean?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    No sir it does not.

5. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Cool. I thought I read on another forum that when "rooting" for the first time, it would wipe everything off you phone? That's teh only reason I hadnt dont it yet. Not that its hard putting stuff back, I just didnt feel like doing it. lol

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    haha yea I hear ya, I did it to mine and I did not lose anything.

7. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Cool I will Root today then. Do you have a link to the method you used?

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I used Unrevoked, just like I listed above
    www.unrevoked.com
    Click on the EVO and follow the instructions

9. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007

I'm at that site now. I clicked on the Evo. Two options came up: Unrevoked 3 and Unrevoked Forever. I'm choosing the 1st one.
    its a .exe file that says "reflash_package". I dotn see any instructions

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Thats different from the Incredible when I did mine, but plug your phone in to the PC and run the exe file. You may or may not need to have the Debug option check on the phone.

11. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    doing that now. But it cant find the driver that is need off my computer. SMH. I'll keep playing with it

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    That I don't know, is it asking you for a driver?

13. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    its asking for the HBoot USB driver. I have a file on my computer but nothing is in it.

14. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Looks like you have SDK on your computer to install drivers.

15. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    It wont install the the drivers for some reason. Now I'm stuck at the boot screen. how do I get out of this?

16. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    It let me install ANDROID HTC DRIVERS AND ITS REBOOTING MY PHONE

17. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Now its saying failed to flash recovery image. Where is the recovery image?

18. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    When you open the file the drivers should be in there. Also there should be a .txt file with instruction. Shaun are you on xp or Vista?

The recovery image isn't an actual image like a picture. It's the package itself

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

19. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    I thought that, it allows for you to enter a custom rom or image. I have the entire zip file and their is no image file in it. I was using XP at work. But now I'm gonna try it on my macbook air

20. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Gonna try this again tomorrow at work. Did you guys have to purchase the Clockwork orange recovery image?

21. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    When I rooted it got clockworkmod that came with it. Then I downloaded ROM Manager and am using the free one, since I am not using any .