1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Updated Note II felt frustrated

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by sirus, Sep 29, 2013.

1. sirus

sirus New Member

Sep 23, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Actually my friend helped me to update my Note II many months ago and it was updated to Android 4.1.2... at that time I was really surprised what a massive battery power it had consumed! The major reason why I got the Note 2 is the great battery life, but what happened? Since it had upgraded to 4.1.2, I can’t go the whole day without recharging as but only a day and a half on a single charge before.

Regret to upgrade 4.1.2 and do not want to wait for other new version which MAY PROBABLY fix the bug…I didn't realize to revert back to 4.1.1 and I was kicking myself for doing the upgrade, so my first solution to save my Note 2 was extended battery. I got a MPJ 8500mAh extended battery( I love this brandXD)…it become a bit heavier, but double battery life…And then, I decided to revert it back to 4.1.1(do it myself this time )

I did a hardreset first but nothing changed and I thought I had to reinstall 4.1.1 no matter how.Then I cleaned install and later cleaned install of the 4.1.2 update. Back to 4.1.1, I felt my note 2 battery life unprecedented great .

so what do you think about android 4.1.2??

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    From what I am seeing the issue of bad battery life after the update has been a complaint for some since early this year. Some post that they have not noticed an issue and others say it has cut their battery life by 1/3 to 1/2.

If 4.1.1 works for you then stay with it.

BTW....Rumors are that OS 4.3 will be released for the Note 2 between late October and mid-November. Something new to look forward to......

3. Sponsored Advertisement