1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrade to Galaxy S6 or Xperia

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by starise, Mar 26, 2015.

1. starise

starise New Member

Mar 26, 2015

Sponsored Ad

Actually I have always liked the design of Sony Xperia series, but never been able to relinquish Samsung’s swappable battery. This time I am going to seriously think about buying a Xperia device. This certainly does not mean that I don’t want to pick up the Galaxy S6. I really like the look of the new S6 and the double curves on S6 Edge, and as for battery, many companies like Mpj is planning to launch external battery case. So I’ll wait for latest Xperia flagship phone and then decide.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    With the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Samsung hath taken away.....No more removable battery and no more media card expansion slot. The internal memory has been bumped up with 32GB in the low-end version and options for 64GB or 128GB at additional cost. However, many users like the ability to use external, removable cards. They are certainly cheaper than the additional cost of the higher memory when the device is purchased.

Using non-removable batteries does allow Samsung to trim the size of the device as removable versions are generally bigger with less capacity. The fast charge system is also a consideration that can help mitigate, but you can no longer carry a spare fully charged battery and know you won't run out of power while, for example, climbing mountains with no outlets available. Probably won't have service, but you can at least play your music....LOL...

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Will also be nice to have wireless charging capability without having to change backplates.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Everything Android mobile app

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Amen Darren....

6. Chancellor

Chancellor New Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Loving my s6 edge :), although I haven't had a Sony phone in the smartphone era.

7. rosario1990

Bronze

Feb 1, 2015
    I love S6 mostly.

8. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is amazing smartphone I like the designs..