1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent help required regarding XPeria X8

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by gpta_varun, Nov 19, 2010.

1. gpta_varun

gpta_varun New Member

Nov 19, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I am planning to buy a Sony Eric xperia X8.

However I have few concerns.

1) I have read that Android 2.2 onwards allows user to select the location (phone memory vs card) for third party installation but Android 1.6 does not . Please guide me if I would be able to upgrade it to Android 2.2 at a later stage ? Can I expect some hassles ? Can I be sure that the update would be available for the same ? It currently comes with Android 1.6

2) Would the current RAM of 128M be sufficient ?

3) Is a X10 mini option better than this one ?

4) Any other phone within the same range , that can be better from HTC / Samsung etc.

5) For mobiles which have as high a resolution as 5MP , does storage consumption become a issue? Does this mean that I would have to shoot at 5MP at the cost of high storage consumption and hence limited record length ?

I would really appreciate if ppl here can guide me in these,

Thanks

Varun

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Thats up to your carrier to determine whether you get 2.2 or not.
    Or you could root your phone and run a custom 2.2 rom, but that you would need to research.

128MB Internal Storage, 168 RAM.
    That is kind of low for internal storage, but then again, only have 1.6 on the phone would limit certain apps from being available for your phone. So it may not make a difference. You can also get a SD Card for the phone, to help with any file storage.

3) Is a X10 mini option better than this one ?

What range is that?
    Why not get a phone with 2.2 or atleast 2.x?

You can change the resolution, and also save them to the SD Card

Welcome to eA!!

3. Sponsored Advertisement