1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Use Music As Ringtone

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by DroidRobot12, Nov 15, 2009.

1. DroidRobot12

Bronze

Nov 13, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I have the Droid and I would like to set my music as my ringtones and I'd like to be able to use a seperate song for each person in my contact list. Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks in advance.

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Yes. In your contacts screen, click on the contacts name
    Click on the "menu" key (4 lines at bottom). Tap "options". Tap "ringtones"
    and a list of available ringtones will come up. Your sounds should be there.

(This is assuming you cut the mp3 or song into a ringtone).
    If you didn't, the steps are a little different. Go into your music player. Open song. Touch "use as ringtone". This puts the song into the ringtones folder, and now you can choose it as I described before.

SCOTT, ARE YOU IMPRESSED? THIS PHONE IS MUCH MORE "INTUITIVE" THAN THE Q!:dft010:big_smile

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    hahaha yes i am very impressed
    i have talked to 2 different verizon store people and they wont let me upgrade at a 2 year cost just if i buy the phone outright and a $20 upgrade fee

i hae yet to go to best buy to inquire about an early upgrade there

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    When are you due for the upgrade? I am so happy I didn't upgrade when I was eligible last December, as this was worth the wait. Just be warned about the no "true" hands free dialing. I want to hear Chris's opinion on this...

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    im due in feb

what do you mean no true hands free dialing

7. DroidRobot12

Bronze

Nov 13, 2009
    Thanks for your help I appreciate it! And btw I sent this from my droid :)

8. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Try *611 for the upgrade. Thats what I did and got the Droid for 199 plus 20 dollars for the early upgrade. I was only 1 year into my 2 year contract. I called last week and they told me I had to wait until 11/15/09 (my one year date) They even called me today to order it :w00t:

3 more days !!!

9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Sorry, Scott! I actually wrote about this in the blog on another forum. Normally, with my Q, and Richard's BB, and even the kids "dumbphones', you connect the BT earpiece for hands free dialing. When in the car, you "tap" the earpiece, and you hear: "Say a Command"

You reply: "Call Home"
    You hear: "Did you say call home"
    You reply: "Yes"
    You hear: "Dialing"

Or something along those lines. You never had to touch or look at the phone.

For some STUPID reason (and this is on all Android phones, so it is an EPIC FAIL on Google's part....)

The BT voice recognition does not work!! You can tap the earpiece all you want. Nothing. Google Voice on the phone, you say? Well, you need to tap the phone! (Not legal here in NY!!)

Even if you tap the Google Voice icon (and don't get a moving violation ticket for it), it does not provide voice feedback. You need to look at the phone and tap what you want.

I will start a new thread here with the easiest steps (least amount, anyway) to dial a call...

Many have been complaining to Google about this, but they are going nowhere in a hurry to correct this. Worst feature of the phone is THE PHONE!
    Incoming calls can be answered via tapping the bluetooth, so the technology is there...

10. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Did you happen to get the car dock? it really helps, granted you still have to touch the phone but it just sits there for you, maybe an option if you need to not be looking down at the phone. but yes i agree with the bluetooth issue that does need to be fixed.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    no worries sherri...i read the blog :dft012:wink

i hope someone addresses this issue

12. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Yes, I have the car dock. I guess if I am pulled over, I can tell the officer I was changing songs on the music player, not dialing the phone, as that is not illegal in NY!

(Just a stupid flaw on Google's part...):dft007:angry