1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Use your Droid to help relief efforts in Haiti

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by manic, Jan 14, 2010.

1. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009

Sponsored Ad

For those who might not know... A major earthquake hit Haiti. Thie people in this poverty stricken nation who had very little are now left with almost nothing. A disaterous 7 magnatiude quake devestated an estimated 3 million people. Homes hospitals and schools are leveled. People ae sleeping in the streets because structure damage is wide spread. Help relief efforts in Haiti. Text the word HAITI to 90999 to donate 10dollars to the American Red Cross. This will appear on your statement so no out of pocket money right now. Please give if you can and text your friends on VZW and let them know. I have included a link to the request from the Red Cross themselves. We all have so much let's help those who have so little

http://newsroom.redcross.org/2010/01/12/disaster-alert-earthquake-in-haiti/

2. TreeFrog

Bronze

Aug 27, 2007
    i'm all good with this mostly...

but if they set it up like text "HAITI-10" for $10, "HAITI-20" for $20, "HAITI-2" for $2, etc....more choices for the masses. =)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Yeah that would be ideal. The weird thing is you can only donate 10 and can only donate a maximum of twice for a total of 20. I guess if you wanted to donate more or less you could always contact the Red Cross directly. There are other choices too. CNN has been showing them right before commercial breaks. The text option was good for me. Ten dollars is a good amount. My cell getting billed is great too because I don't have any free cash on a credit/debit card right now.

5. justreboot

justreboot New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    redcross.org

I just went to the website (www.redcross.org--on my mac) and donated $90... They can use all our efforts and prayers. Share the love...