1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Using Google Voice for outbound calls?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, May 7, 2010.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

Ok, so I've been using Google Voice on my Nexus One. Love the voicemail transcription, ability to listen to voicemails online and it overall it's pretty seamless. I've selected the option to allow Google Voice to make all my calls. Outside of people seeing my Google Voice number, are there any advantages to this? To that point, are there any disadvantages.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    thats pretty much what i use it for, although i dont always make calls with it

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. ecaggiani

ecaggiani New Member

May 6, 2010
    Can Google Voice work through wi-fi only? I'm getting a Nexus One (won in a contest) but won't be signing up for service since I'm on Sprint. I'd love to be able to use Google Voice with it.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Just turned flight mode and fired up WiFi untried to dial and pick use Google voice and it told me I needed service....so looks like no dice

6. ecaggiani

ecaggiani New Member

May 6, 2010
    Dang. Well maybe there's another app I could use...SIPDroid or SIPAgent, etc.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Skype now let's you use your Google voice number...