1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Using HTC Charm ID C100 Call Indicator on other phones

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Melcab, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Melcab

Melcab New Member

Dec 16, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Hello,
    I'm new to this forum. My mother has a Sony Ericsson Xperia. I believe it is running OS 2.1. Is there any way to get the HTC Rhyme Charm call indicator to work on her phone? Any way at all? I desperately want to get this for her for Christmas because she never hears her phone and has a hearing problem on top of that. Vibrate doesn't help if it's in her purse, but this charm that dangles outside the purse would be great for her! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Is it something that is external to the device, or is that the name of a specific ringtone? If it is external, you may be able to, but it might be difficult. Where would it plug in at, and is there any software needed to use it? If so, crossing over from HTC to Sony may cause some issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Melcab

Melcab New Member

Dec 16, 2011
    It comes with the HTC Rhyme phone and plugs into the headphone jack. It's a little charm that lights up when you receive a call and you can hang it outside your purse while your phone is inside it. I have no idea about the software. I think I read that it uses Sense, but that means nothing to me as I have a Droid X.

5. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Just did a quick google search on this charm, and apparently, it doesn't even work on all HTC devices. So, I am going to say you are probably out of luck. Maybe if you looked hard enough, maybe you could find a hack to get it to work.

6. Melcab

Melcab New Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Yeah. I was hoping someone here knew of one, but I guess not. :( It's strange. I find this accessory to have immense potential for women like my mom who NEVER hears her cell phone. Not to mention the hard of hearing community. but most people are very negative about it in the blog comments I've read, so I doubt it'll be made available as a general accessory for all phones like, say, earbuds. Wish I knew how to program, I'd create an app.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Looks like it is a HTC Sense based item. It wont work on any phone that doesn't run Sense. Sense is the OS variant that HTC uses.

8. giapet

giapet New Member

Dec 21, 2011
    It doesn't even necessarily work with Sense. I picked up the charm and tried it on my HTC Incredible, which uses Sense, but it didn't work. Not sure if a software hack is possible or if there's an actual hardware requirement.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Needs sense 3.0 or 3.5 (can't remember) which the Incredible doesn't have. It MIGHT work on the Incredible if you were running a custom Sense 3.x ROM...