1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Various deals, finding the best price on a Droid

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Nov 6, 2009.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I did a fair amount of research this morning and here's what I've found:

Walmart: $188 in store, instant rebate. $149 on site through Let's Talk. If you cancel your contract, you could get hit with a heavy charge, in addition to Verizon's ETF.

Best Buy $199 in store, instant rebate. Not available online.

Verizon: $199 instant rebate online. In-store requires $100 mail-in rebate. Pricing online for 1 year contract is not much more than 2 year agreement. $70 additonal.

Simplexity (spelling?) is the company that powers Sear's online store. They are offering at $149. Same as Let's Talk. Possible killer charge if you cancel within 181 days.

Finally, Wirefly rounds out the group -- same $149 offer.

Find a better deal? What deal did you get? Weigh in here.

2. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    Best Buy priced matched the WalMart in store price for me just on my word. They may price match online prices. So you possibly could go in and show them a website that has it marked for $149 and they should price match.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    wirefly.com has the Droid for 129.99 and the Eris for 29.99
    29.99...are you kidding me?

http://www.androidcentral.com/more-...ling-droid-and-droid-eris-cheap-droid-success