1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Verizon Getting Nexus One

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Jan 5, 2010.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I think the biggest part of today's announcement is that Verizon will be getting the Nexus One and it's coming in Spring 2010. That's big, big news. Affects Moto and Palm.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    mmmmmmmmm....cant wait....for....phone.....:004:salivate

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Lycurgus

Lycurgus New Member

Dec 28, 2009
    I wonder if you have bought a droid they will let you upgrade? i hope. :dft011:tounge_out I just got my droid and to hear that this sweet phone is coming out so soon is kinda a kick in the balls.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    dont count on it since you bought the droid from Verizon and the Nexus One i only available through Google

6. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I have been with verizon for a very long time. You have to wait a minimum of one year and then pay twenty bucks for the early upgrade. You can always pay full price if you want to. The Droid is a great phone and will keep me happy for awhile. Also I believe we may get upgraded to the new android OS but that's just my opinion.:dft012:wink

7. Lycurgus

Lycurgus New Member

Dec 28, 2009
    thanks gnath, and you are right the Droid is a cool phone and I'll be keeping mine for quite some time. lol, just got a little mesmerized by that nexus. :)

8. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    from what the press conference stated yesterday the Droid will get all the added features of the nexus in "the next couple days". Just comes down to hardware preference. Main difference being the slimmer build due to lack of keyboard and of course the Snapdragon processor and increased RAM. Personally if I already had the Droid I probably wouldn't jump for the Nexus unless I could sell the Droid for a decent amount to offset the full retail price of the Nexus

9. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    True - but with Verizon being as big as they are, I wouldn't be surprised to see N1's in their stores to demo.

10. connnie

Bronze

Nov 6, 2009
    This is what I'm hoping, because it's nice to read all the wonderful reviews but I'd really like to try for myself before deciding.

11. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    14 day return period ;)

12. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    We should meet at Disney sometime. We have deluxe passes.

13. connnie

Bronze

Nov 6, 2009
    I just posted about this on EIC, I have So Cal. so I'm blocked on Saturdays.:dft006:unhappy I'm glad in a way because since I've had them we've only gone twice!

14. larsdennert

larsdennert New Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Ha now I'm suffering. Do I get the nexus later or eris sooner? Won't be until march anyway because I need a global phone at the moment anyway. The slightly bigger screen
    would be nice but it is the same as the iPhone and eris next to the iPhone is close. Size is more important than resolution. More ram on the nexus? There's never enough. Speed I don't care about either as that just means Less battery life. No sense ui on the nexus even though it's an htc underneath?

Android seems to be an open enough os to make the jump from wm. iPhone is a joke in that regard though apps that used to be no no are slowly coming. Want to tether? There's no app for that. All the serious uses on the iPhone require jb and apple is plugging them. The signal on the trend is obvious.

MS is already years behind on ui and stability. It's advantage was open-ness. The wm7 will likely be another tepid release with an inconsistent ui. They've had ten years to bring wm along and still some ui screens are the same as ten years ago with my first ppc. They should face it that recreating a mini desktop windows pc screen on a phone is a bad idea now.

15. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    im in the same boat
    my upgrade is due in 12 days, i really want the nexus one on vzw

but i dont know how long it will be, and i am eager to get an android device

16. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    If I were you two, I'd be counting the days until the Nexus One was released. The FCC news is promising. What do we think? April?

#15 chris, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  17. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i have been counting since it was announced that it was coming to verizon, i plan to be first or first-ish to get mine :dft010:big_smile

#16 n99hockey, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  18. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    and the plot thickens!!
    march 23rd maybe?
    via Android Central

19. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I am gonna make a guess on VZW's price ... $299.99 with a 2 year plan and $100.00 online discount or mail in rebate.
    The Droid and the Nexus both have the same retail price. Anybody want to bet a jagger bomb on this ? :dft011:tounge_out

20. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    probably a safe bet there gary....
    (ill pay it):dft010:big_smile

21. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I say no more than $249, but my gut tells me $199 and the Droid gets bumped down in price.

I really want this phone, just not on Verizon and not with EDGE.:dft007:angry