1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Video conversion

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by bheidemann, Nov 22, 2009.

1. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I want to convert a butt load of videos so I can play them on my Droid. What codecs are support on the Droid and what would be the best resolution/aspect ratio?

2. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Part of the answer.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    I used a program called free video encoder. I converted my files to mp4 format. As far as resolution the program lets you choose anywhere between very low to very high quality. It also lets you choose to keep the video at the same quality. Since most my vids were already in high or good quality both the high quality and keep the same options looked about the same. I have converted mpg mpeg flv and avi. I haven't tried mov quicktime files since I have none. I've played mp4 3gp and wmv files without converting straight on the Droid. However some wmv I have d/l from the browser on the Droid need an additional codec only the audio plays no video. I would recommend using mp4 since it seems to look and sound the best to me. As far as actual aspect ratio numbers ,sorry I can't help I use the default settings for that when I convert.

5. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Do you mean "Free Video Converter: Any Video Converter Freeware"?

6. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
  7. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    That looks better. The one I found looked pretty sketchy.

8. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Yeah I have used a couple programs from that site and they were the same, simple but clean. You have to watch out for those "free" programs. Most of the time they are bogged down with ads, contain spyware or are only trial versions that don't get the job done.

9. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
  10. racklefratz

racklefratz New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    http://developer.motorola.com/products/droid/

11. Malvado

Malvado New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    a video converter called SUPER
    [​IMG]

12. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Wow that looks nice. Is it freeware? If not is there a fully functional trial version? Where can I d/l?

13. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    You can also try out any video converter its very easy to use has a super friendly interface and best of all is free :dft010:big_smile

14. Malvado

Malvado New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    it is free but i forgot where i found it =[..sorry...try googling it lol

15. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    It's a pretty decent converter, I wind up using it from time to time. Here is the publisher's website: http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

They do kind of make it a PITA to get to the download link, but that bit of aggravation is worth it for what it does for the price of $free.

16. wenling85

wenling85 New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    h.264

For tools, I use iskysoft video converter to convert bunch of videos. It's awsome and converts almost anything.

17. lovemarser

lovemarser New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Droid support H.264 video format, I just try my video converter and found it support H.264. You can try this good software too, it is 30 days free for trial.

Download it from here: http://www.aimersoft.com/video-converter.html#161