1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Video MMS Problem

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by iiwii, Nov 16, 2009.

1. iiwii

iiwii New Member

Nov 16, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Hello i got my Droid on friday(when it came out) and i LOVE it. The only problem i have is sending out video mms to other carriers, i can get them from anyone perfectly, but when i send to tmobile/att customers they get an error, i will try to get a picture of the error and post it up, on tmobile im sending it to g1 and bb curve and for att im sending it to a person with an iphone, does anyone have this problem or a fix to this??? i called verizon they did a trouble ticket for me last Thursday and i got a txt from them to try to send out a video mms, i did and same problem, im going to give them a call to see if that was all or if they going to do more. this is really a big deal for me because i love sending out mms video and pictures.
    any response would be appreciated

2. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Last i checked you can't send any mms messages to people with an iphone it wont load up for them since they dont have mms messaging, that was my issue a while back. Not sure about the G1 and why it doesn't go through that way but i know the iphone cant accept mms messages unless they have changed it recently.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i thought the iphone got mms in sept?

5. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Not sure if it was ever fixed, but it may have been.

6. iiwii

iiwii New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    a few of my friends have iphones, they accpet mms since sept or oct, but we are straying for the droid fix ;-p, i sent it to a metropcs person and they werent able to get it also, and yesterday i went to a verizon store and sent a txt msg to my friend from their display droid and they got the same error ;-( so things looking grim for me and video mms.... :-(

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    perhaps its a metropcs issue?
    any friends with a droid to test it out on?

8. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I tried to send a couple vids I shot with my phone. I shot them in hq so I can't even attach them. I get a message saying size limit was reached. One video was only 9 seconds long. Pretty disappointing.:016:upset The upload to youtube feature is nice but not if I don't want EVERYONE to see my video. I must say though the picture and sound of the camcorder in hq is excellent

9. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    When you upload videos into youtube you have the option for "private" or "share with the world" just choose private and than its a private video.

10. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Oh ok cool! So I'm new to sharing on youtube how do I share the private vid? Do I send invites or do people have to send me a request?

11. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Yeah typically it asks who you want to send it to on the pc version, didnt do it on the droid yet but do see the option, cant try right now have no network access on the phone at work.

12. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    So after selecting "private" I should be able pick who to share with via email addresses?

13. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Could it possibly be your plan? As I was sending a long text I got a message saying that non verizon customers would not receive messages over a certain number of characters or pics or attachments. This worried me so I called verizon. I have the unlmtd. Mobile to mobile and 500 text. I was told with this plan all my pic messages would be seen onmy end and the other phone too. You might want to call 611 and ask

14. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Yes once you upload it as a private video it can only be seen by people you send it to. but you may need to do it on the computer (setting the rights is what i mean) as for uploading it privately you can on your phone :)

15. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Sweet thanks for the tip!

16. iiwii

iiwii New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    I'm. Pretty sure I can, since I'm able to send people picture msg, and I was able to do it before on my tour, but I will call them anyways just to make sure, thanks