1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Video playback

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by animal, Nov 16, 2009.

1. animal

Bronze

Nov 16, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I put the digital copy of "Up" on my droid, and it won't play. I'm suspicious that it got corrupted from the mass of errors that came from my card reader at the time, so maybe thats the culprit. I was wondering if anyone knew the maximum resoutions that played on the droid..
    (or played well)

oh and hello droid world.

2. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    did you try copying it through the droid? by connecting the droid to your computer via usb and then copying it to the sd card? it may take a little longer, but that's how i transfer files over.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

Apr 19, 2008
    using the built in gallery player it has resized 640 by 360 to fit the droid screen. But sometimes that will impact video playback smoothness.

5. animal

Bronze

Nov 16, 2009
    i'll try finding a program to resize it and try it tonight...

6. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    The Droid doesn't seem to be able to handle divx/xvid videos, so I've been using WinFF to resize videos for the Droid; it's free and it seems to do a pretty decent job.

http://winff.org/html_new/

7. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    A very good program to convert any video files is called Any Video Converter there is a free version that I use and they have our screen size listed in the program too :dft009:smile