1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Virus

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Andriod Newbie, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Andriod Newbie

Bronze

Dec 10, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Not sure I'd this is the right place to post. I keep getting a text from a number...it says from 502 and has the following in the body of the text

//wma::4010 //SVrot8aQ1Tg5m4rM/LOy2P+Nq6cbyaVcU+oOUThQUR280=//VS

Is it a virus?

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Everything Android

2. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Possibly. You may want to contact your carrier and see if they can investigate further, and possibly block them from your number.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Some carriers have a feature you can block numbers yourself using their website. For example, I believe Verizon has a link to Manage Safeguards-Setup call and message blocks. I just looked in TMobile at my daughter's account and they do not offer the ability to block messages from an individual number. You can however, filter that number into a spam folder.

Others claim that sending a reply with STOP in the body will work. However, I have always gone under the premise that sending a reply only verifies it is a valid account. Others point out that if the sender doesn't get an error message back that also confirms it is a valid account.

If this is a spammer sending a virus link I don't think they will play by any rules anyway......

• Like Like x 1
  5. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    I place such numbers into a contact called SPAM which I have blacklisted in Go SMS as well as have set to fwd directly to voicemail.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Do you use GoSMS by any chance? Or maybe use MetroPCS as a provider?

Look here....

7. Andriod Newbie

Bronze

Dec 10, 2011
    Aww man...ya it did start about the time when I got GoSMS...but I LOVE my GoSMS. I think if it's not hurting anything I will find the blacklist. Hmm...I remember seeing it somewhere while tooling around on my phone. Ya, and I also have MetroPCS. I'm thinking I'd be pretty much lost without this forum. ;)