1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

voice dialer

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by doherty, Nov 19, 2009.

1. doherty

doherty New Member

Nov 19, 2009

Sponsored Ad

The google "voice dialer" app that came installed with my new droid fails to recognize my voice command and will not dial the number that I ask it to dial. I get a list of random contacts and apps that were not any way connected to my voice command to dial but must touch to dial. where do I go to train it to recognize my voice?:dft006:unhappy

2. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Unfortunately i dont think you can "train it to recognize your voice" however you can train your voice so that google recognizes it :dft012:wink

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dvmweb

dvmweb New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    voice app

As you have had problems, so did I until...

For instance I would say "Call Luanne." And, it would give me a list. I tried an old hillbilly calling in your kids trick. I changed the listing, of my wife, to Luanne Winona (First and Middle names). Now when I say, "Call Luanne Winona." It works just fine that way.

The name you call must be relatively unique and the Droid seems to learn your voice the more you use it. Enunciate and be clear. Pronounce the consonants.

Good Luck;
    Walt MI