1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Voice mail symbol!! Galaxy S3

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Sooty73, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Sooty73

Sooty73 New Member

Aug 20, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Hi all,

Got a Galaxy S3 on contract with '3'. Wanted to keep my old number knowing that I would have a temporary number for a few days till it ported over. In this time I got a voice mail which I didn't delete before the number changed to my old one, I'm now stuck with the voice mail symbol in the notification area and no way to call the temporary number supplied by '3' as its now no longer in existence .

Does anyone know of a way to get rid of this, I have tried both soft and hard resets, left the battery out for a while, 3 cant help Orange cant help (the number I had ported).

Any help is welcome.

Mods, please move this to the right area if needed. thanks

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Thats a good one, however, I feel as though that should be a carrier thing.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Not sure if this will work because of the old/new numbers, but give it a try....
    1) Call the current number and leave yourself a message
    2) Call your voicemail and delete the message you just left
    3) See if the notification is cleared

5. Sooty73

Sooty73 New Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Will give it a go, but have had messages since on the old number now ported and have been able to delete them.

6. Sooty73

Sooty73 New Member

Aug 20, 2012
    And the answer is......

You cant get rid of it. As it came thru on the temporary number which is now non existent, there is no way to call it and delete it.

The only solution is to have a sim swap getting rid of the old temp number for a new one and make sure you dont give out your new temp.

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Sorry to hear. Was that according to your carrier/provider? There is nothing they can do from their side?

8. Sooty73

Sooty73 New Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Yeah think it was and no, there was nothing they could do. Were about to send phone off for repair when we decided it wasn't the phone as the voice mail symbol appeared in any phone it as put in.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Everything Android