1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

VZW SNOOPING FOR PRIVATE INFO?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Blackmet0, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011

Sponsored Ad

If you havent seen this in your inbox you may want to check it again
    I just received this email on yesterday and almost missed it too because it didn't go to my bills folder:

Dear Valued Customer,
    At Verizon Wireless, we value you as a customer, and we know how important privacy is to you. As a company, we have a long-standing policy of guarding personal customer information.
    This notice contains information about Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI). Verizon Wireless needs your permission to share your CPNI within the Verizon family of companies, which includes our affiliates, agents and parent companies (including Vodafone), as well as their subsidiaries. This information allows us to better serve you by identifying, offering and providing the most appropriate communications products and services to fit your needs. You have the right to request that we not share such information, so please read this notice carefully.
    Regardless of your decision, your CPNI will never be shared by Verizon Wireless with any unrelated third parties.
    As your wireless provider, Verizon Wireless may have certain information about you that is made available to us solely by virtue of our relationship with you, such as details regarding the telecommunications services you purchase, as well as the type, destination, technical configuration, location and amount of use of such services. This information and related billing details are known as CPNI. The protection of your CPNI is important to us, and we acknowledge that you have a right, and we have a duty under federal and state law, to protect the confidentiality of this information.
    You have a right to request that your CPNI remain private, and may do so by clicking the Do Not Share My CPNI button below. Unless you notify us within 45 days of receiving this notice that you do not want your CPNI shared, we will assume that you give us the right to share your CPNI with authorized companies described above.

Please be advised if you allow your CPNI to be shared, your consent will remain valid until we receive your notice withdrawing it, or for two years, whichever comes first. You may withdraw your consent at any time through My Verizon.
    If you would like more information on CPNI and selecting not to share, please review the frequently asked questions.
    Sincerely, Verizon Wireless

I opted out because my business is my business!
    Its funny that they ask even though I am quite sure that this is already happening.
    Even funnier that it automatically goes into effect if u dont opt of it manually. Why can it just automatically opt me out of it unless i manually ask to be "snooped"?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Sound sketch, are you sure its real? Did you contact vzw?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    O its real alright do a google for Verizon cpni

5. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
  6. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007
    "Don't share my CPNI" was already selected when I logged into my privacy settings for my account. I don't recall changing it before.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yea, mine is set to 'Dont Share' as well

8. jlloyd

jlloyd New Member

Jul 2, 2011
    All this is for basically is to allow Verizon to share the info they already have about you(address,home phone) with other companies for marketing purposes. Mine is set to not share because I don't need or want any more junk mail.

Sent from my Liquid X