1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Walkie Talkie Capability

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ctaylor52, Nov 28, 2008.

1. ctaylor52

ctaylor52 New Member

Nov 18, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Do you think the gphone will ever have walkie talkie capability. Right now boost mobile is the only one that has that. It would be a good addition to added to a already great phone.

2. my95z34

my95z34 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    No, because as far as I know, T-Mo doesn't even offer it on their network at all.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. attgirl

attgirl New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I know at one time t-mobile offered it as we had this with our work. I am not sure when they would have changed but it is always good to just ask them.

5. imported_jamesb

imported_jamesb New Member

Dec 8, 2008
    A walkie talkie capability on the G1 phone would indeed be a great thing to have. Does it depend on the actual phone or on the service provider? Would you have to pay extra for this type of service?

6. schatzee

schatzee New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I think it depends on the service rather than the phone. Isn't Verizon offering something like direct connect now? It's possible I guess in the future that T-Mobile will go there but I think those phones are bulkier. Does that have to do with walkie talkie or just Nextel type phones?

7. Megmoog

Megmoog New Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Hey everyone...there is a walkie talkie application on the G1 phone. Go to your Market icon and go under communication and you will be able to download it for free. I had a question for anyone who has already done this so if you have please let me know so I can ask my question. Thanks!