1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Wallpaper Re-sizing

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by My-Droid, Sep 18, 2010.

1. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I have found logs of great pics that would be wonderful wallpapers. The have the proper resolution. When I go to set them, that nasty box shows up. All this pics are exploded to a humongous size that makes them useless. I am sure I am missing the obvious fix, so what is it?

2. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    What are the dimensions (in pixels) of the pictures you are using?

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I am looking at 640x480

5. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Here's what you do-- use a computer and go to www.online-image-editor.com and upload the image. Then just click resize and type in what you want the size to be. Click save and download the new image :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible via the eA application

6. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I suppose Photoshop would do. I set the resolution to 480x854 per Motorola. The phone still wanted to resize the pic. Good idea. Didn't work.

7. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    It still wanted to resize an image that is the same size of the screen?

8. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    Yes. When I assigned the pic for the wallpaper, that nasty red box appeared. I did nothing and left it the size as it appeared. The phone re-sized it anyway. It actually magnified it.

9. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Drag the red box until its to the edges of the image. It should then be full size.

10. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    Nope! It still magnifies it. What is that new phrase everyone is using....ah....fail! LOL!

11. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Interesting.. its worked for me several times. And yes, fail indeed haha. The word is over used if you ask me though.

12. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Is that the screen size? I seem to remember reading last year that the wallpaper has to be wide enough to cover the other home screens.

* 960 x 854

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

13. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I think I'm just going to try a 1900x1600 and see what happens.

That didn't work either. I took an image and re-sized it to 960x854. The phone always wants to enlarge the image. Now, I am running on 2.2 if that matters.