1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Weather apps

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by bberryhill0, Jan 31, 2010.

1. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I am still looking for the best weather app. Rainy Day is a good radar app. The default weather app on the Eris doesn't update automatically for me and it is tied to the huge space wasting clock on the home page.

2. Animal~is~awake

Animal~is~awake New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Weather and Radar.

I use Weather Bug as my main free weather app. It allows you to share a screenshot of the weather info your viewing with others via SMS, MMS or email from the app's menu. It can also be configured to follow you to keep your current location updated. You can also view weather info at other locations. The live cameras at all locations allow you to see what's going on.

Radar Now is my preferred radar app. It's somewhat basic but it also follows along to your current location. It gives you active radar images over an approximate two hour time span. Most weather apps do not do this.

Another Droid Addict!
    Animal

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I had a reply and hit the wrong place on the screen. Bssic EN sucks. Huh? Basically WB sucks.

5. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    The Weather Channel app is too bad to sick

6. Animal~is~awake

Animal~is~awake New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I used W.B.to send info on I-40 from Tx. to eastern Tn. Sat.

A buddy and his wife was coming out of eastern Texas in a semi truck Saturday heading to Allentown Pennsylvania. I used screenshots from Weather Bug to send them camera views, current conditions, weather warnings and forecast across the entire area affected by the winter storm. I've never found another weather app that has the ability to take screenshots of the info you are viewing on your cellphone. The current conditions screen on Weather Bug is so responsive to changing wind directions. I've been to one of the local monitoring stations and the wind direction viewed on my cellphone was only a few seconds delayed from the actual direction and wind speed at the location.

Here in central Ohio there is multiple locations where the radar is taken from on the Radar Now app. One is at the R.A.F.B.at the southeast side of Columbus. Another is at the airport at Ohio State University.

What's the weather app you've been using? Does it have active radar or a single view ?

Another Droid Addict!
    Animal

7. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Radar Now just has a single view here in Oregon and I have to change the pan and zoom every time I open it. Same with WB. Rainy Day can be used as Google Earth. Still looking for a weather app as good as Pocket Weather. note to Chris: this input box is wider than my screen making it REALLY hard to post here.

8. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    The Accuweather app is terrible and has no widget.

9. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Further use leads me to like WeatherBug with Wunder and Rainy Days.

10. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I use the tiny weather widget for my home screen, then I have my local accuweather animated radar map saved to my favorites. Its works great for me cuz when I open the web page it displays the current radar. :dft012:wink

11. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I just found Moon Phase Widget. Cool.