1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What android phone is the best in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by martin1, Aug 13, 2010.

1. martin1

martin1 New Member

Aug 11, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I'm thinking about getting an android phone when I renew my contract with Verizon in July. What android phone do you prefer and why? So far I've been looking at the Motorolla Droid and the HTC Incredible.

2. blizowman1

blizowman1 New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Well if your gonna go moto droid might as well go 2 or just get the x because its the best in my opinion and once you get used to the size its awesome

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android app

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Original DROID is EOL'd, so if you want a Moto you'll have to get the Droid X or the Droid 2. Do you want a physical keyboard? If that is important to you then get the Droid 2, if not the Droid X and the Incredible are really great phones.

The Droid X is larger than the Incredible, so you have to see if you can handle that large of a phone. Head to a Verizon store and check them both out, see what feels better.

You cant go wrong with either of these 3 phones.

I love my Incredible.

5. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    When is the Samsung Fascinate coming? That might yet another choice to consider.

6. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    IMHO If you don't mind sprints service hands down evo 4g although I have att and a nexus one, this phone still has amzing unmatched features with the exception of the processor and graphics comparing it to the samsung Galaxy S. Other than that i'd prefer the evo. Friends has one and it's nice.

Sent from my Nexus One using Everything Android app

7. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    Oh sorry my dumb ass didn't read you were on verizon. If I had verizon I'd have an incredible. But that's becausvi. The way htc does phones. Verizon has a great selection of android phones

8. bigu

bigu Guest

Droid X is the best IMHO.

9. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Ive had my Incredible since the release date. Absolutly love it! As Hockey stated, if a physical keyboard is a must then the Droid 2 should be your "cup of tea". Between the original droid and the Droid 2 theres really not much difference. Think of it as the 2011 model as opposed to the 2010 model (more streamlined, few other perks). The X has an HDMI output that the D2 and the Inc do not. (why you need an HDMI port on a phone beats the heck outta me lol.

10. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    The X has an HD camcorder, so being able to watch video shot on your X on an HDTV is easier. Plus, the X comes preloaded with Blockbuster. So, you can download a movie to your Droid X, and watch it on your HDTV without going to the video store.

11. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I got the blockbuster app the other day. Cause im all ninja-like, how much is an account?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

12. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Good question. I have no clue.

13. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    Honestly depends what carrier you prefer and then I could give you my opinion.

14. Benjie

Benjie New Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I went with the Evo and sorely miss the keyboard. if I knew now what I did not know then, I would have waited a couple of months for the Epic. Though gotta say that the 4.3" screen is nice.

15. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    #14 bberryhill0, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  16. Jim255

Jim255 New Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Well, I love this one!

Sent from my HTC Desire

17. caroleriordan

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    The Incredible ..of course. I might be a little biased but I absolutely love my phone

sent from my incredible

18. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    The Incredible is just a hopped up Eris so of course the Incredible is the best phone now. ;)

19. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    here here!

20. rambo47

rambo47 New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    The Epic 4G from Samsung is the newest and has the first Super AMOLED screen, which is absolutely stunning.

If you were considering traveling overseas, the Droid Pro is coming and will have world roaming capabilities with a GSM SIM slot.

For sheer massive screen size, the HTC EVO with it's 4.3" screen is practically a tablet. It's also uber-thin, but has mediocre battery life. Fortunately there are aftermarket high capacity batteries available.

21. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    World roaming capabilities? Yeah doesn't that mean roaming charges?