1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What android phone is the best in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by martin1, Aug 13, 2010.

1. rambo47

rambo47 New Member

Aug 31, 2010

Sponsored Ad

It could mean roaming charges, but most folks now get a pre-paid SIM card when they travel. They get a local number with that SIM and then have their regular number forward all incoming calls for the duration of their trip.

The other option, which is better for data/email, is to sign up with your carrier for an international & data roaming plan. For an extra monthly fee you get no roaming charges and use your regular phone number when traveling. The caveats are that the plans are usuall in the neighborhood of $60/month EXTRA and you have to be real careful about what your plan includes. Some are just email, so if you open your web browser, even by mistake, they start whacking you on a per-kb basis immediately.

2. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Is the Droid Pro essentially a Droid 2 World Phone?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks rambo for the info. Really useful. :)

Sent from my Nexus One using Everything Android app

5. rambo47

rambo47 New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    That's exactly what everyone is saying. It's got the exact same specs with the addition of the GSM slot.

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    interesting...I thought that most carriers outside of the US were GSM tho with the exception of Orange and maybe a few others. Wont the radio band conflict tho?

7. rambo47

rambo47 New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Adding the GSM slot gives you the best of both worlds. They've worked out the conflicts between CDMA & GSM via software so the phone chooses the proper network. BlackBerry has had World Phone models for several years. Both Sprint and Verizon provide a pre-installed SIM card with their world phones so a quick call to customer service prior to traveling enables this GSM roaming feature (and adds the charge to your bill) so you don't have to even bother with a local pre-paid SIM. Your data works just like when you're home with email showing up instantly, your regular phone number working normally, etc. And you have all your contacts with you.

My buddy travels to London frequently on business and loves this service. It helps that his company pays all his BlackBerry bills, but the service is flawless.

8. Aadam gibson

Aadam gibson Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I currently have the galaxy nexus. It’s a google phone with the latest android program 4.0. It also has a 720p HD screen great or watching videos like yogscast or gambling on. The new program is great as provides the best User interface for an android phone & great customizability with the use of widgets that you can change size of & the new calendar which is amazing.

In my opinion it is the best android phone.

9. fskldgnvc

fskldgnvc Member

Jul 24, 2012
    SamsungI9100. the price and the apperance, both great, performance is just ok...

10. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    We have both the north american-HOX and international-GS3 in the family. Hard call between the two.

At this point I might actually say the international-HOX, but likely that's just my grass is greener elsewhere curiosity.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

11. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Or maybe the Korean GS3.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2