1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the major differences between a Motorola droid and blackberry tour?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Roberton, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Roberton

Roberton Guest

Sponsored Ad

I am looking at the Motorola droid, and the blackberry tour. There is a $100 difference in price, the Motorola droid being more expensive. is the droid worth the 100$ more?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Thats like comparing Apples to Oranges, they are 2 completely different devices really.
    Check online for a review of each.

People have different tastes and needs, I would recommend going to the store and playing with both to see what you like best.

Also, the Droid 2 and Droid Pro are more expensive because they are newer.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Android devices in general are the best mobile platform out there. But, that's just my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App

5. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Also one reason for the price difference is that the Tour has been EOL'ed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

6. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    If you like archaic operating systems BB is the way to go. Seriously for messaging and email BB is best but everything else Android is by far better. And let's not even get into the hardware.

I've had pretty much every platform out there and Android is.slightly my favorite above iOS. Meego does hold alot of promise tho.

All that said-get the Droid on every day that ends in Y

7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    ^^^^^Didn't you moderate at a BB forum???^^^^^ (yeah, I met everyone here from Everything Q!)

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

8. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Lol yes. I haven't been there in months. Steve still takes care of most everything. I still use my BB for my company provided phone but that's it. Back in November 08 when the Bold was first released and Android was in its early stages the Bold really was the best thing for me but since iOS and Android have been steadily becoming more mature and refined OS' there's really no advantage a BB offers over either other than email and even their grip on that is rapidly slipping. BBM was the other advantage but with Kik Messenger being cross platform who needs BBM

It looks like alot have migrated here through EB or EQ. I've met most people I know through chris' sites through EIC but have spent time at all the sites. Recognize a few names here from each one

9. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I have had several versions of the Q and several versions of the Blackberry. I have been on one Android phone, the Droid (1). I would not go back to a Blackberry. I had rather go back to a Q than back to Blackberry.

10. john121

john121 New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I am looking for motorala droid...please can anyone recommend me which is best motorola or droid.

11. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Motorola is a manufacturer of phones (both Android based and others) and other devices. They made the original Droid,the Droid 2, and now the Droid Global. What exactly are you looking for? What carrier are you on?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

12. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    The carrier is the most important question. They all carry different phones.

Then you can look at manufacturers. Motorola, HTC, Samsung. Did I miss anyone?

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

13. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    LG? They have an Android phone.

14. softspirits

Bronze

May 2, 2007
    I love the rugged-Ness & stability of BB, but if u want fun, get an android based device.

~Softspirits~ Sent from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android app