1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What devices has android been ported to?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Jul 9, 2013.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

We all know the android runs smartphones and tablets. Has android been ported to other devices? Are there embedded controls using android? Will android be ported to cars and nav devices in the future? Where else will it wind up?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I think some Nav devices have Android in them, but car would be pretty damn cool. I would really like for someone to get their act together with Google TV. I'd much rather have that (which has good support and gets updates) rather than the crap Samsung Smart TV Hub.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Here is a pretty lengthy list and it includes some entries as recent as late 2012. Not sure how up to date it all is though.

Includes phones, tablets, GPS, gaming consoles, cars, etc.....

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Wow...the new "skin" is so mild with color differentiation, that it took me a few minutes to see that "here" was blue and a link (PC-Win7-IE9)

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    That's a neat list, thanks. The GPS Ski Goggles would certainly be interesting. Maybe so you can get located when you careen off the trail? <G>. Suspect more useful in cross country than downhill. Cross country can be more fun anyhow.