1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What hacks are out?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tomandrew, Sep 21, 2008.

1. tomandrew

tomandrew New Member

Sep 21, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Has there been many hacks released yet? and are there any official ones? or are they only releasing applications for it? I would be quite interested to develop some hacks for it when it is released.

What language would most of the hacks be created in? java, or c++??

2. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    Hacks to what exactly? Android SDK is freely available for download and modification. People are free to develop any application they want. We don't need hacks. This is not iPhone :)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dodgyant

dodgyant New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Haha, that is exactly what I was going to say. And that, my friend, is the beauty of the G-Phone, no need for hacks/jailbreaking or any of that nonsense... That, if anything, will be the downfall of the iPhone

5. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    its good google gives you all this freedom ( i wonder how long this thought will last )

6. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I doubt it will remain un-hacked. While Google will probably be a bit more lenient than Apple, there will be some things that won't get into the official app development community and will have to go underground. And of course, there are people that just hack into things because it's what they do.

7. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    Except for the implicit Google's "wanting to know us better", there seems pretty much nothing to "hack" per se. The access to the Linux kernel might be restricted a bit, if you MUST hack :)

8. tomandrew

tomandrew New Member

Sep 21, 2008
    but there is needs for hacks. a hack is simply a modification or change in something. So allowing it to do something which it previously couldn't.. so of course there are hacks for it.

9. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    There may be "hacks" but they won't have much to do with Google and Android. Android is open source. It would be the mobile device you would want to "hack into" :)

10. theevilone

theevilone New Member

Sep 26, 2008
    For people that know nothing about writing programs their should be all kinds of tweaks in youtube, internet blogs and magazines.