1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What is Android?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by johnnydangerously, Sep 20, 2008.

1. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006

Sponsored Ad

From Google,

Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications. This beta version of the Android SDK provides the tools and APIs necessary to begin developing applications on the Android platform using the Java programming language.

Not exciting stuff, but you can find a complete description at Google.

2. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    Applications are written using the Java programming language and run on Dalvik, a custom virtual machine designed for embedded use, which runs on top of a Linux kernel.

Much more information about Android at -
    http://code.google.com/android/

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dodgyant

dodgyant New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Wikipedia gives a great description of what it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Android

I feel Google are basically trying to tap into the, up and coming, and also lucrative market of next-generation phones. They have seen the success that Apple have had, and couldnt resist to try and take a bit of the pie, so to speak :)

5. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    thats google for you

6. ctaylor52

ctaylor52 New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Android Phone

This is a wonderful application; it is just like having a mini computer that can make phone calls. Will wonder never cease. I can't wait to see what is next. And the $200 price tag is not bad for what you are receiving.:)

7. alicelas

alicelas New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I love it - to be honest, Google should get out there and do what they need to do!

*prefers Google to Apple*

8. princee18

princee18 New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I think it is something with which you never miss your computer. It too uneasy to carry your laptop everywhere, so its geat to have equipments like this.