1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What next after Google Sync?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alkali, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

My dear friends so long,

I own Samsung Galaxy S3 and have been using Google Sync with all my phones but i learnt that is no longer possible with new phones, only the old are supported. So what is the solution for me because i also have iPhone 5 as well.

2. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Not really sure what you mean. Your Google account sync almost everything Browser, Calendar, Chrome, Contacts, Drive, Gmail, Currents, Photos, Play, and more. As well as storing all kinds of settings like your WiFi networks, etc. All of that is active on any Google phone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    Thanks very much EQBob but I use the same Google syncing on all my phones including iphone which has different operating system and I learnt that Google Sync is no longer supporting Syncing with all such new phones.My question is there any option, I mean any other Syncing App that is as good?

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    You should probably publish a link to this information. Synching is a crucial component of the whole operating system and the seamless integration of information across devices. If synching was going away, it would certainly be all over the tech news world....and it isn't.

6. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
  7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    None of that will affect your iPhone or Android phone.
    Also, it has already expired in....JANUARY. So if it stopped working, you would have realized it 2 months ago.
    Carry on.

http://support.google.com/mail/answer/3008051

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Thanks for the link. It states that it is for Windows mobile only and that it is the METHOD of syncing, not the actual synching. Pus it already occurred in the past. I see no cause for alarm. It certainly doesn't affect anything related to Android phones.

9. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    Thanks but if I were to buy a new say for example, Htc One and a new iphone could I still use Google Sync on both? Going by the link sent by me above. I am not talking about old phones which are supported and I understand that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Everything Android

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    You are worrying abut an issue that does not exist. You are misinterpreting the information you are reading. It does not say it won't sync. It merely states that it will sync using a different protocol. Stop worrying!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    Thanks EQ, you are a great guy!

12. Olivia50

Bronze

Sep 18, 2013
    Thanks for the useful thread.... Keep sharing useful information.