1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What phone did you leave for the Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Nov 9, 2009.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

So you're here at eA and you're browsing the Droid forums. If you are one of the many who picked up a Droid over the weekend, what phone did you leave?

2. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Left my ever so loved Saga with WinMo on it and it was a great decision by me :)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Yup me too, dumped the Saga for the droid!

5. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i left the Samsung Omnia running a custom rom, WinMo 6.5.1. It was a great winmo phone, but nothing like this. :dft010:big_smile

6. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

Apr 19, 2008
    I left my Q9m which decided to delete all my contacts when I attempted to back it up to my computer :(

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    well no that you're all google-fied you shouldn't have the problem again thanks to "the cloud."

8. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I will be leaving the Q9c. It's been a great phone thanks to all the peeps at EWM formerly EQ. I have to wait untill the 15th to order a new Droid to get the discount priceing. Verizon let me do an early upgrade at 1yr. Will recieve it on the 18th and I can't hardly wait :dft011:tounge_out So I have been doing lots of reading.

9. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    q9m. Phone itsself was great, the OS sucked. I too suffered the delete everything because activestink just decided to more than once. The lockups when trying to make a call, etc.

10. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Sounds like your doing research like scott (n99hockey has been doing)
    Trust me you will not be disappointed with the droid, noone i know that has one has complained about it yet, and everyone i show it to loves this phone :dft010:big_smile

11. slapout

slapout New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    I think that's a pretty good summary of the Motorola Q.

12. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    And I fought with it for a couple years, would have kept the phone had it run a decent OS (like android).

13. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i bought a used moto q last year just to have it as a backup phone in case i trashed my current phone (then my omnia). i've never had a problem with it except occasionally running slow while checking email. still a great phone.

14. smokediver

smokediver New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I came over from a 4 year old Palm 700P and it was a major upgrade. Nothing came along the past 2 years that I liked or seemed to do as much as my Palm did until now.

15. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Left my Q9c which I liked everything about or so I thought :dft012:wink But man it is great to have a phone again that will make it thru the day without charging!:dft010:big_smile It isn't even fair to compare the Droid to the Q9c, They are apples and oranges LOL AND NO LOCKED OUT GPS I NEVER THOUGHT VERIZON WOUlD DO THAT!!!!!! :dft012:wink

16. Malvado

Malvado New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    i left my bb storm 1 haha

17. shoresidejake

shoresidejake New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    I also left WM (Q9c) and I couldn't be happier! I've had a Q for about 3 years now!

18. toosmoove

toosmoove New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Ordered mine Saturday. My current phone is the Krave, which I went to from the Q9m, which I went to from the Q, which I went to from the e815...v710...v60c...v300 (T-Mobile)...t720 (T-Mo..)...v60g (T-Mo..).........Needless to say I love Motorolas so I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

19. slumlord

slumlord New Member

Oct 17, 2008
    I returned my HTC Imagio running win mobil 6.5. Worst phone I've ever owned, it was slow, locked up a lot and just wasn't easy to use at all. The best part about the phone were the display and the camera, aside from that it was terrible.

20. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    I had a Moto Q9h with At&t, left it for the Droid. Was going to move to Verizon anyway, since my wife has been with them for long time. I was originally looking at the HTC Imagio, but love the Droid.

21. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I am so looking forward to the Droid. :thumbup: 9 more days !!! untill then I will be lurking this forum :dft010:big_smile