1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What phone did you leave for the Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Nov 9, 2009.

1. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009

Sponsored Ad

i was once a cell service technician and motorolas are usually decent phones. even if there are issues motorola usually works on software updates. no phone is ever perfect, but i have always loved motorolas also.

why 9 more days?

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I have to wait untill the 15th to get it for the 199. It should show up on the 18th

8 more days :dft003:cool

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. rkcoll1

Bronze

Sep 23, 2008
    Left the Q9c, was my first smartphone and opened my eyes to the world of smartphones. The droid has taken that to a whole new level. Love this phone and am glad i took the plunge. Be patient gary, it is worth the wait.

5. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    And thanks for the pesonal reviews on palringo Rob. You have pretty much made my mind up for me.

Do I like my 9c ...... yes
    Do I need a new phone .... no
    Has the Q9c been great .... yes
    Will I be getting a Driod ..... ABSOLUTLEY !!!

8 more days

6. Quie

Quie New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    I originally had the Q,Q9M,Q9C, then Touch Pro, and finally ended up with the Droid. Was it the best move?? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! Holy Shazaam Batman, you have to get one of these!!!!

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i had to wait til the 29th to get the upgrade, but i called customer service and they allowed me to upgrade early. then i got my phone at best buy and had them price match walmart for $188.00. do it that way.

8. tikogto

tikogto New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Got my Droid today. Had an enV touch. Love the Droid:dft010:big_smile

9. DroidRobot12

Bronze

Nov 13, 2009
    I've been with Sprint for about 7 years; mainly because I worked for them for about 5 years. I have never had a problem with Sprint where I use my phone and I've been using Treo's since day 1. I'm finally going to jump out on a limb....I ordered the Droid through wirefly the other day and it should be delivered tommorow. I'm very excited/nervous about getting my Droid. I've wanted to try something new for a long time. It was between the iPhone and Droid and I went with the Droid because of Verizons network. I guess we'll see how it works out. It's good to be here!

10. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Welcome to the family droid robot, im sure you will not be disappointed with the droid :dft010:big_smile

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    welcome to EA DroidRobot12!!

12. mi2az

mi2az New Member

Nov 13, 2009
    In 1 month my 2 year commitmrnt is up and I am leaving my Samsung I760. What a pile of crap

13. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    So does that mean you are getting the droid in one month and joining the army? lol

14. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Well - (as detailed in my signature line) I have been a Windows Mobile devotee since the early days of the pocket pc with my Casio e105, followed by IPAQ 3630, Samsung i600, Moto Q, Moto Q9C, a brief trial with the Samsung Saga, and then my Moto Q9Napoleon (which remains a great device). Now onto the Droid.

Re the Droid - great screen, decent battery life, cool apps, decent keyboard, fantastic browser. All in all, enjoying the new start.

John

15. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    I guess I'll check into this thread and say that I, like John above, am coming from the A4500 Napoleon to the A855 Droid. Unlike John, though, the Nap was my first smartphone. I did try out the HTC Ozone for a couple of weeks, but it wasn't any better than the Nap. But the Droid, well, this is a totally different animal and I think I've met my next two year phone.

16. dvmweb

dvmweb New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Motorola Q9c. We have a Verizon land line account that everything is bundled with. I like the droid so far. Had it 15 hours!

Walt MI/USA

17. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    (Need you ask????)

Motorola Q since May 2007...Member of EQ (now EWM) since June 2007!!:dft012:wink

18. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Ditto sherri i remember you from eq and ewm

19. EliseMe

EliseMe New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Samsung Alias

20. zuki1216

zuki1216 New Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Palm 700w. Finally VZW got a decent phone. It's been a long 3+ years wait.

21. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Left the samsung omnia 910