1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What problems are you having?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jonesboy6, Nov 11, 2009.

1. jonesboy6

jonesboy6 New Member

Nov 10, 2009

Sponsored Ad

My "droid" ringtone that plays during power up has somehow changed on it's own now it plays a plain telephone ring. I have installed and changed my default, email, & messaging ringtones using ringtones from Mabilo in the apps market but that shouldn't affect the power up ringtone which there is no setting for. I spoke to a so called tech at Motorola tech support who was fumbling over his words fed me some bull**** which told me they don't know. My wife and I both are having some ghost visual voicemail issues(for lack of a better term). any Ideas or other issues out there so far?:042:steaming_pile

2. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    the only issue that i've had is after using the multimedia docking station sometimes the screen won't rotate back to portrait right away. you have to sometimes giggle it. but that's really the only issue with the phone itself. the only other issues i've been having are with apps that aren't compatible with the Droid/Android 2.0 yet. But I assume that will change once they are updated.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    Menu > Settings > Sound and Display > Notification Ringtone

See what it says in there. I went to change this setting to something custom because that was the only place I thought I could change my voicemail notification. When I did, the 'droid' on startup went away and I got the same telephone ring as you did, not my custom one.

good luck

5. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Just minor things.

Have had some app oddities where logins are concerned. I wish you could tap on the screen to remove the onscreen keyboard. If it happens again, I'm going to try the back button.

Went to hang up a call and the screen wouldn't turn back on -- must have been an accelerometer issue. Going to see if that's a regular occurrence or a one time thing.

6. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    Yes, if the onscreen keyboard comes up, you should be able to hit the back button to remove it. As for calls, my screen always 'wakes' back up when I pull it away from my face.

7. DroidRobot12

Bronze

Nov 13, 2009
    The only problem I am having is sometimes it doesn't go to potrait mode right away.

8. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    My biggest problem is ... I have not gotten my Droid yet :dft011:tounge_out

3 more days !!!

9. DroidRobot12

Bronze

Nov 13, 2009
    You only have 3 days, it must be so hard! Keep it up....it will be over soon :dft011:tounge_out

10. sports1691

sports1691 New Member

Nov 15, 2009
    My droid keeps freezing or randomly restarting.

11. zuki1216

zuki1216 New Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Lost my word suggestions

I lost my word suggestions. I know they don't show if the keyboard is open, but I don't use it anyways. Usually the onscreen I use. Is there an option somewhere? I can't find it. Sometime in the last days they quite coming up.

12. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Speaker problems - audio not coming out of the speaker while in Navigate or playing music. I can apparently resolve by backing out of an the app, initiating a call, and activating the speaker phone, then ending the call, and re-initiating the app.

13. lildman

lildman New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    I have noticed the same thing with the keyboard...not sure how to turn it off to scoll down to continue filling out login type screens. I did get it to go away, but not sure just how yet...will post update if I find out

I noticed that the screen will shut off if you cover the top right corner when in a call. I believe that is where the sensor is Hope that helps

Other than the issues already mentioned...I really would love to be able to mark all mail as "read" like the inbox entender allowed for on WM.

14. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007
    I turned of all Haptic feedback but yet on the Dialpad for the phone, I still get it. I don't mind the Dialpad audio tones...but how do you shut off the haptic feedback? It drives me nuts.

15. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007

your countdowns are hilarious...so you're really set on getting/keeping the DROID huh?

16. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Of course he is everyone was/is i know damn well i was very set on getting/keeping the droid :dft003:cool. you arent? :dft002:zombie

17. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Yes I am !!! VZW customer service called me on the 15th (my 1 yr date) just like they said they would. I placed my order for the Droid with the car dock. She said I should receive it on the 18th !!!

2 more days !!!

sent from my soon to be shelved not sold Q9c

18. valnar

valnar New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    I had my phone for two days and just this morning, when I rebooted it, it never came back. It showed the Motorola logo,, D R O I D animation, then rebooted and did it again over & over. It never fully booted or showed the desktop.

I had to do a hard reset to factory defaults to make it work again. I was not happy. :dft007:angry

19. EliseMe

EliseMe New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    This.

I can't correlate it to any particular application running, action, etc. It does it at least once a day since I got it.

Also, about 1 time out of 10, when I take the phone away from my ear, it doesn't light back up.

20. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007
    oh I am! believe me it took a lot of convincing to give up my precious Q9m but I must say DROID does!...kinda corny sorry I couldn't resist :dft011:tounge_out

For those of you who are still contemplating...it's a very sweet phone..and this is coming from a very picky..OCD phone owner...do it!

21. troutseth

troutseth New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    A Little Help (I hope):

1) Keypad not leaving - swipe quickly down over the virtual keypad, and it will go away (trick from my Storm). I just tried it on the messaging screen.

2) Screen not waking up - hit the unlock button - I THINK that the phone will sometime lock or go to sleep when on a call if it was doing something else in the background (per your screen lock settings). It has happened to me once when I had a game up - one click of the hard button and it came back.