1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What problems are you having?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jonesboy6, Nov 11, 2009.

1. troutseth

troutseth New Member

Jul 6, 2006

Sponsored Ad

This is a tough one. Go to Applications--running services and see what is running throughout the day - I had the issue once and it was due to an ap that was not working on 2.0. Removed it and all was well.

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    From the home screen: Menu>Settings>Language and Keyboard>Android Keyboard (should be checked)>Tap the second Android Keyboard(it says Onscreen Keyboard Settings)>Show Suggestions

Hope this helps!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    Power oddity...

This morning, for the second time, the following has happened since I've had the Droid:

I picked it up after leaving connected to the USB cable attached to my PC (charging overnight), went to hit the power button to turn the Droid's display on, and nothing happened. Disconnected it from the USB cable, pressed the button again, and still nothing. Held down the power button for a few seconds, and still no response from the Droid.

Then I took off the gel case, removed and reinserted the battery, and held down the power button, and this time it did power up.

Has anyone else experienced this?

5. troutseth

troutseth New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Not yet . . . but it sounds like your Droid thinks it is a Blackberry.

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Mine would not recognize the battery at all today. Left it on my nightstand to eat dinner with a 70% charge. Came up, it was off. Dead. Would not start at all. Removed battery. Reinstalled. Nada. Called VZW. Told me to plug it in w/out battery. Started right up. Reinstalled battery. Got a "?" where the battery indicator was. Nothing. Kept doing this, but left it plugged in, so I could use the phone. Verizon rep marked my account, and I am going to store tomorrow. Will test the battery, and replace if needed. I also want them to extend the 30 day trouble free warranty for 15 days, as tomorrow is day 30, and what if it isn't the battery? Rep said I could get a whole new phone if it isn't the battery...(not refurb, as it is still within the 30 days...)

7. toosmoove

toosmoove New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    My virtural keyboard doesn't respond right away. And sometimes there's a feedback noise while making calls.

8. animal

Bronze

Nov 16, 2009
    for me, it works better if i hold the power button down till i see the motorola logo... if that still doesn't work yeah reinsert the battery..

9. animal

Bronze

Nov 16, 2009
    i believe that the way the proximity system works, is if it detects that it is up to your head, it will wait for it to be removed to wake up the screen. if it doesn't think its against your head, the screen will eventually time out when in a call, and you will have to press a hard button to wake up the screen.

10. subdude

subdude New Member

Feb 26, 2008
    I'm having problems connecting to my wireless at home. I have my macbook, wifes Thinkpad, 4 Zunes, & my q9m connected with no problem. Most secured networks give me problems. My dad and My sister has WEP I have WPA/wpa2 psk I cannot connect to either. Also when it fails to connect the wifi says "disconnected" & I have to turn it off then back on to be able to rescan. :dft007:angry

11. christianne

christianne New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Audible notification for voicemails

I can't seem to figure out how to be sent an audible notification when I get a voicemail. Anyone know how to do this or if it's even available?

12. RHONDA7693

RHONDA7693 New Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Homescreen icons disappear

Twice now the icons have disappeared from my Homescreen. The last time it was connected to the charger and off. I turned it back on and it said there was no sd card then then icons were gone. I haven't touched the sd card yet. No other issues yet. Anyone seen this?

13. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    I had these issues with the stock homescreen a few times, than i installed a home screen program called Launcher ++ and its been amazing since not to mention my 7 wallpapers that i get :)

14. mymotoq07

mymotoq07 New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Problems, may not be...lets see if you have these issues

Hello all-
    I have only been with my Droid since Friday the 5th of this month...

#1-Yahoo mail-on my old phone (moto q and samsung saga) when I deleted/sent email from the phone online it would appear in a folder not stay in the inbox as unread...how do you make this happen with the Droid? Am I clear about the issue?

#2-Yahoo mail/Comcast mail-I don't always get a notification of a new message

#3-Camera-Do you experience a long lag when taking a pic using the side button instead of selcting camera app first?

#4-I liked the original unlock animation with the arch? Is there a way to get that back?

#5-Facebook-I don't seem to get notifications when they come, is there a way to fix that?

#6-SMS-On pervious phones you were told when your text was going over 160 characters...why doesn't droid do this or should it and mine just doesn't?

#7-I thought flash 10 was supposed to be on the droid already, am I missing something?

Thanks...BUT I do like it...lol

15. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    I got a few answers for you, first off yahoo stinks use gmail ;) jk. Camera does have a slight lag but its gotten better since launch day, There is no way as of yet to get the original lock feature back just yet, Facebook you can change the way it notifies you and how often usually its messages/friend requests normally comments and such arent updated and shown as notifications they can be set in the settings menu of facebook. text messages do tell you when they are over the limit because as you type and hit the character limit it will let you contine to type unlike some other phones and gives you a little fraction looking number showing you that you are now over the limit and it should go through as 2 texts or more, and lastly Flash isnt on the droid yet supposed to be realized in the 2.1 version but it looks like its going to be pushed back again.
    Glad to hear you like it and only have 7 complaints in a week ;) lol. welcome to the family!

16. mymotoq07

mymotoq07 New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Thanks!! :dft012:wink

Hi Dragonfly...thanks for the reply...I'm pretty sure you helped me b4 when I had the Q

17. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    Not quite... with a custom Rom you can have it back.

I'm running the sholes.info 2.0.2 Rom and it has the arched unlock screen... as well as some other goodies such as a 5-section home screen, wifi/bt tethering, multitouch (Milestone) browser, 2.1 media player, overclocking, etc.

:dft011:tounge_out

18. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Sorry hot shot ;)

19. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    I'm sorry, did I forget to mention overclocking?

:dft011:tounge_out

20. mymotoq07

mymotoq07 New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Four more
    #8- I have an older Motorola Bluetooth and I can't hear the music playback through it...used to be able to on the Q, is this possible with the Droid?

#9-Can the Droid have an animated screen instead of wallpaper...for instance I'd like to have the eye on the home screen...possible??-

#10-Battery was dieing and this battery menu appeared, has anyone seen this, is there a way to access it without battery dieing?

#11-How do I access the running applications menu? I saw it once, don't recall what I did to get there....

ok I think thats it...

21. Pokermac

Pokermac New Member

Dec 4, 2009
    text messages

I use handsent and I keep getting two of every incomming texts. Any way to stop this?