1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What problems are you having?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jonesboy6, Nov 11, 2009.

1. mymotoq07

mymotoq07 New Member

Nov 18, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I can answer that for you:
    In messaging go to settings and uncheck notifications

2. muscles007

muscles007 New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Audio Book File

Hi. I was reading through the thread, also went to search and put in audiobooks. I'm about 2 weeks new to my droid. Two days ago, I put an audiobook file on the droid and the chapters are all scrambled, when i look in the music player. However, I've gone into the sd card and it's listed in the proper order on the card, as it should be. How come this isn't the same when i view it from the music player and is there something i can do about it? I would appreciate any help. Thanks much.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    is your music player set to shuffle?
    just throwing it out there as a wild guess

5. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Well, I now seem to have multiple.
    1. Calendaring, I put my son's pre-school schedule in as every tuesday and thursday recurring, then delete individual days for when he doesnt go like parent teacher conferences of holidays or spring break. For some reason the calendar on the phone won;t show those exceptions now but they are shown on the web google calendar. I delete them on the phone and they show up again the next time it sync's

2. GPS seem to not be able to get a fix after a week, reboot clears that.

3. Latitude now isn't updating my location

4. my pop e-mail will no longer connect when on 3g, does fine on wifi, worked fine from november until this week.

6. muscles007

muscles007 New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Hi. It's great to see you here, since I haven't seen you since my moto q days. Unfortunately, no I don't have my shuffle on. Just trying to get those darn chapter to play in order. Thank you.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    glad to see you back, i was just throwing out a guess there for ya

8. muscles007

muscles007 New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Hi again. Just wanted to say that my problem is solved. I used Astro Player and it straightens out the chapters in my AudioBook File. I hear people also use it when their music isn't listed in proper order. Anyhow, it worked like a charm for me. Thanks again.:dft011:tounge_out:dft003:cool

9. muscles007

muscles007 New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Thank You Much!!!!!:dft010:big_smile

10. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I can't find anything to stream audio from a web site, seems like it should be simple to do.

11. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Ahh. NM. Streamfurious works.

12. connnie

Bronze

Nov 6, 2009
    This might sound silly but when I am talking on my Droid I try not to have my face too close because it either dials someone else while I'm talking, change screens, or hangs up on the person, even when my face isn't close to the phone this is happening? My best option so far is to use my speakerphone but I can't use it everywhere. :016:upset

13. Vazguard

Bronze

Jan 10, 2008
    The Droid should turn off the screen once it gets close to your face, using the light sensor to judge whether you have put it up to talk or not. Does your Droid not do this?

14. connnie

Bronze

Nov 6, 2009
    I figured out it was a skin/decal I ordered for it. Though it had the cut out for the sensor for some reason it wouldn't let it work properly. Now the phone seems to be working fine.

15. animal

Bronze

Nov 16, 2009
    The light sensor eaily seen on the right side of the is not responsible for turning off the screen in call. That sensor controls brightness and hardkey backlight when brightness is automatic. The sensor for turning offf thr screen is a infared led and infared reciever on the left side that most people don't see without a flashlight.