Droid What Say You ...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Phones' started by gnath9, Nov 14, 2009.

1. gnath9

Silver

I would like to hear what everybody likes about their Droid.

I will be ordering a Droid tomorrow and have been doing a lot of reading but, of course as you all know. On the forums, all you really hear about is whats wrong. I want to hear about what is "Right" with the Droid from the people that matter, you the owners.
    thanks for all your input.

4 more days !!!

2. DroidRobot12

Bronze

I just got my droid about 1 hour ago so I can't provide you with great detail like others may but from what I've done so far I can tell you what I like:

1. The first thing I notice is how nice it feels in my hand, it feels durable
    2. The screen resolution is amazing, it looks like HD in my palm
    3. The web browser is awesome, I'll be using that a lot and I'm 100% pleased
    4. Navigation is easy after only having it for a short period of time
    5. Multi-tasking is the bomb!

Those are the 5 things that come to mind from the start. I like to keep it short and sweet....I'm sure others will provide more info for you. Welcome to the droid family!

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

thank you !!!

4 more days !!!

5. manic

Bronze

Here's some of my favs so far.....:dft009:smile

Web -At home I don't have internet access so this is a big for me. The browser looks great just about like on a computer. Flash support is coming in 2010. When that happens it will be near perfect for me.

Music/video player- The music player is decent but plays all my tracks well and gets pretty loud. The video supports wmv mp4 and 3gp there may be more but that's what I got to play. My old phone only played 3gp so the Droid is great.

Youtube- I have spent a lot of time here. There is a widget right on the homescreen that will take you to a top video list and video search. The videos look great. You do have to use the menu button and choose watch in high quality. I'm not sure if a lot of people know this. I've heard bad reviews of youtube on Droid but its looked and worked perfect for me so far.

Multitasking- This is awesome! I drink my morning coffee while I stream Pandora, read email (my gmail is sent right to my phone and I'm alerted when there's new mail) send a few texts while playing an old nes game or surfing the web:dft010:big_smile

Its DEEP- I've never owned a smartphone before so I'm a little behind the learning curve but there is a lot to this phone. I've had it a week and I'm still finding new tricks, shortcuts,generally how to get everything out of this phone. And I can't wait and see what comes out for this phone. The future is bright!

6. PacoJr67

Bronze

well being the phone addict that I am, I got mine on the 6th. I spend a lot of time on Motorola's forums, and I see a lot of complaints about email, and WiFi connectivity. but I had no trouble setting up my Gmail and my Exchange account. Connecting to my router took seconds. I find that it runs faster than my Touch Pro, even though the processor is fairly similar.
    all in all, it's a great phone (for me at least) and I can't put it down

p.s. my wife hates the "Droid" ringtone

7. manic

Bronze

I love it! I love to hear my Droid speak to me. I turn up the ringer at work so I can hear it. Now at work I have people come up to me randomly and say " Droid!" :dft009:smile

8. DroidRobot12

Bronze

To add to this discussion - the phone has not froze on me....I haven't had to reset it....and I went to the Verizon store to make some changes to my account and the rep at the store was very helpful. Verizon is getting a good grade so far (I've been loyal to Sprint for about 7 years).

9. gnath9

Silver

I have been with verizon for 10 years and their CS is fantastic. I never go to the stores. *611 is your friend :dft003:cool

3 more days !!!

10. manic

Bronze

Yes indeed. I lost my battery cover and just called 611. I should receive a FREE replacement by Tuesday. Very satisfied with Verizon :dft009:smile

11. EliseMe

EliseMe New Member

I've had issues with the phone (rebooting, map says I'm in France, can't accept calendar requests from email) but none of them really irk me. That's how much I like the phone.

- It was easier to set up access to my corporate email and calendar than it was on my corporate-issued Blackberry.
    - I can do things on my phone I never would have thought about doing, and they're not just easy and fun but also meaningfully useful - things like tracking a workout using GPS, using the camera as a bar code scanner to order stuff from Amazon, easily looking for local restaurants and entertainment, and getting real-time weather information and forecasts based on my GPS location.
    - It is richly-featured but intuitive. That's a tough combo.

12. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

Had my droid for a week and just wanted to voice what is awesome about it here.

1) This phone is the best I've seen as far as hardware. Slim and sexy yet uncompromising on features. The screen is virtually unscratchable (search for the DROID and scratch test on youtube). Screen is very high res and camera has the ability to take awesome video and pictures. Also minimalist design with keyboard closed gives you a sexy look and ease of a touch only phone.

2) Browsing on the web when in landscape mode is amazing! I can read pretty much all my favorite websites without having to zoom in and scrolling is very easy!

3) Facebook integration saved my butt! I had lost all my contacts for the last 4 years because outlook decided to overwrite my old phone with 0 contacts. Thankfully once I put my facebook info back in I had about 1/4 of my contacts back. Plus those who don't have their phone numbers on facebook can be added to my phone once I add their name and number on my phone!

4) Openness of android just makes me excited for the future and that the Droid has a huge hand in making Android much more popular. I can't wait to see what people are going to do with it within the next year!

5) Accesories are awesome! The dock and nav unit provide funtionality and ease of use!

6) battery life is great as well! With very heavy use it won't last an entire day but with moderate periodic use it will easily last a day. Whats even nicer is when you get home, slap it in the dock and boom you're charged! I like having my phone by my bed at night in case I get an important call. The dock makes that extremely easy for me!

7) Media is awesome! I have 70GB of music and I put about 10GB of it on my phone. I can move through it flawlessly and places it on shuffle makes it even simpler for me. Video playback is virtually flawless, when I play h.264 at a higher resolution than the display it looks gorgeous but will hickup occasionally, (primarily because h.264 is an awful format on processor limited systems).

Thats all I got for now. I'll probably add more later.

13. DroidRobot12

Bronze

I'm also very happy with the battery life. I only have to charge it 1x per day. I use the phone, web, & pandora all the time and I've been able to get through a whole day with that charge. BTW leaving your phone on the charger throughout the day when it's not needed is bad for you phone so don't do it on your droid!

14. manic

Bronze

Did you get your Droid yet? Make sure to post what you think when you get it!

15. sherri

Gold

^^^^^^^

THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!:dft007:angry

THIS IS DIRECTLY FROM THE DROID MANUAL THAT I PRINTED OUT.

From Motorola & Verizon's User Guide:

Battery Charging
    Battery Charging Notes for charging your phone’s battery:
    • When charging your battery, keep it near room temperature. Never expose
    batteries to temperatures below 0°C (32°F) or above 45°C (113°F) when
    charging.
    • New batteries are not fully charged.
    • New batteries or batteries stored for a long time may take more time to charge.
    • Motorola batteries and charging systems have circuitry that protects the battery
    from damage from overcharging

I apologize in advance if i seem to be yelling this fact. I actually had an argument with the sales rep at Verizon on this. I had to return my first Droid because it kept randomly shutting down. Could not restart. Then, it would occasionally reboot. I had got the phone on day 1, and this was all day. Rep looked at phone, removed the battery, and looked at "something". She then said it was "overcharged". THERE IS NO WAY!!! She told me Motorola says you can overcharge the circuitry. I went home, got the manual, and threw it in her face. She gave me a new phone. I don't get mad often, but this pi$$ed me off. Called Motorola support to verify. Phone is made to be left in the dock! In the car dock, if you are using the phone for GPS, unless you have the screen set to never shut off (which will kill your battery, especially on a long trip), you absolutely can plug it in.

16. gnath9

Silver

Thanks to everyone posting in this thread. Well, tomorrow is the big day !!! I got my FedEx confirmation for delivery on the 18th. But please keep posting !!! I enjoy reading all the positive comments on this remarkable phone. VZW finaly understands what us folks want. Hats off to motorola for teaming up with google and making it happen.

1 more day !!!

sent from my Q9c

17. tj!2k6

Bronze

It is difficult to quantify my appreciation for the level of functionality provided by this device, but here are just a few of the features that I love about the Droid:

- Quality feel/weight
    - Screen is amazing
    - Ease of use
    - Hardware keyboard!
    - 5MP camera
    - Gmail/Google integration
    - Google Navigation
    - TONS of TOP-NOTCH *FREE* apps on Marketplace
    - 3.5mm headphone jack
    - Media player auto-pauses music when plug is unplugged from headphone jack
    - Drag-n-drop access because Droid is recognized as "removable" disk, so no additional software necessary on PC (i.e. ActiveSync, iTunes, etc)

18. dragonfly

Bronze

Bet you 100 bux you wont sleep tonite :dft011:tounge_out

19. gnath9

Silver

I thinks its tomorrow night that I won't be able to sleep. lol
    I will have a hard time putting it down.

1 more day !!!

sent from my Q9c

20. tj!2k6

Bronze

Oh, and I'm not sure how I forgot to include this in my previous list, but the voice search feature frickin' RULES!!! =)

21. dragonfly

Bronze

Agree 100%