1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What shows up under what's new?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by EQBob, Apr 1, 2011.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

The what's new under the forums has me confused. I started a new thread earlier on Spb Mobile Shell and came back several hours later to see if anything was posted on it. The thread wasn't event listed. However, since I'd never looked at it on EA after posting, shouldn't it be listed under what's new?

Also, the what's new in this site seems to act more like an aggregator across the entire site as opposed to only the forums like the older site and like EQ used to do. Is there a way to only see what's new from the forums?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It shows new for me, it wont show new for you since you made it.

I use whats new, shows all new posts and threads that I have not read yet. What else do you see?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I see all the stories from the front page (assumption) mixed in with forum posts.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    They are supposed to be there. The news feeds creates threads to create discussion.

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Is there anyway to set a preference to only see forum threads? Or a different button / method that would only show forum threads?

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Not sure, but those ARE forum threads, so if you did filter they would still show.
    Maybe there is an option to ignore a user? Chris?

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Interesting.... Must be an upgrade thing. Old version, if memory serves, never tossed a front page new item with forums? Seems like I see 90% of those news items on engadget anyhow, so was simply looking to minimize the repeats.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Understood. I dont think a lot of members read the front page, this helps a little.

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    You mean there's a front page? (g)

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    haha exactly!

12. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    You've answered your own question. This is to stir up activity on the other side of the forums. As Scott said, it also allows for discussion of these topics.

There is no way to remove content that's new. If you post something, it's not technically new unless someone replies. It will show up new for other members.