1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the easiest way to transfer everything in my current GS3 straight to a new GS6?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by MJE, Jun 29, 2015.

1. MJE

MJE New Member

Jul 16, 2012

Sponsored Ad

What's the easiest way to transfer everything in my current GS3 straight to a new GS6? Thanks!

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Samsung Smart Switch for Android should help you with that. The app can be found at Google Play.

You can link to the download from the page I linked to. I can't connect to Google Play from work to provide a direct link.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. MJE

MJE New Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Whatever happened to the "transfer will be as easy as tapping your two Galaxy phones together" I kept hearing about a few years ago? Maybe this application makes that possible.

5. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I believe that started with the S4.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Everything Android mobile app

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Google actually works pretty well with that. My daughter's Galaxy S4 died (hardware failure... Charger port broke..) Verizon replaced. New phone came in, put in Sim card, hit restore from Google, and 99% of everything she wanted/customized was restored, including the Screensaver picture she took of Katie Perry at her concert.... She like keeping a zillion or so text messages on her phone, and the app SMS Backup Restore did that for her....