1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the longevity of a Samsung Galaxy S5?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by flyship, May 8, 2014.

1. flyship

flyship New Member

May 8, 2014

Sponsored Ad

I have got Galaxy S5 after getting tons of sudden shut downs on my old Lumia. Does Samsung phone have long longevity? And I noticed battery life on my phone is not very impressive. :(

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    The longevity of any device will really depend greatly on the user and how they take care of it. The Lumina is actually not a bad device and the shutdowns could have been caused by many things. Software conflicts could have been the reason, but you didn't indicate if you had tried any kind of troubleshooting or if you just gave up.

Any smartphone does not like being dropped, getting wet, being jostled repeatedly and being overloaded with applications.

Keeping the memory well-managed, having a protective case and keeping the device out of harm's way will go a long way to making sure the device lasts. Also make sure you keep the battery charged. LiIon batteries do not take well to being discharged below 20% on a regular basis. That is a sure way to damage the battery and shorten its life.

Battery life usually goes up a bit after a few weeks as the system settles in, but again the daily life depends on how hard you use it as well as how many background apps are allowed to run.

Galaxy phones are very good devices.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Fatima Tayab

Fatima Tayab New Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Did you try to discover the reason for shutdown of Lumia?

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Seriously?