1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

When on vibrate my droid does not vibrate for text messages or emails?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Amore514, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Amore514

Amore514 New Member

Dec 2, 2009

Sponsored Ad

i dont know if i changed something, but when my phone is on vibrate it does not vibrate for a incoming text or email? but it will vibrate for phone calls? any help?

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    You have to put a checkmark on vibrate in settings for each.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dionna17

dionna17 New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    I'm having the same problem. It's been working. I appears to have stopped working.

Took the battery out. Didn't work. I uninstalled all the apps I had that I used in place of the Droid default. Still not working. :016:upset

5. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    Select your e-mail, then select setting, 2nd icon on the very bottom, look for vibrate. eg. for g-mail after selecting settings look for the vibrate check box under select ringtone, same for other e-mails.

6. dionna17

dionna17 New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    I've had this phone for a week and the default worked up until today. It has stopped working. All the settings are in place and no additional apps.

7. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    Understood. But if you find that vibrate is turned "off" and you can turn it back on wouldn't you like that ?

8. dionna17

dionna17 New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    That's unacceptable. Everything should be working. Besides, I ride public transportation. I receive a lot of emails and texts; I don't want to bother everyone with my phone going off all the time! It worked, it stopped working. I want to know how to fix it.

I see on other forums for Droid that this is a common problem. Maybe the update will fix it. I don't want to do a reset, but may have to. It seems to have worked for one person.

9. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    To fix it, go into settings from within the e-mail application and turn on vibrate.

10. dionna17

dionna17 New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    I explained already that I did this. Vibrate does not work anymore on Droid! Everything worked until this morning. All the settings are in place!

I either have to take the phone back in or try and do a reset.

11. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    If you have verified that the virate check box is on then you will have to return your phone for a properly functioning one, good luck !

12. dionna17

dionna17 New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Backed up my settings, did a factory reset. Everything works again. Weird!