1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is the Nexus One!!!??

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by christenajenifer, Apr 23, 2010.

1. christenajenifer

christenajenifer New Member

Apr 23, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Ok, I've been waiting and waiting for the Nexus One on Verizon. It looks like the 29th of April may be the date (also most likely for the HTC Incredible).

If the Nexus One doesn't come out then, I'll get my Eclair on the Incredible and bag waiting for the Nexus One. Is anyone else in the same boat?

For those not in the know the Nexus One and Incredible are pretty similar phones (save for what looks to be a native storage of 8GB on the Incredible and only 4GB on the Nexus One).

What is everyone else doing? Are you interested in Android at all? Is everyone else getting tired of waiting forever?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i have stopped waiting for the N1 and pre-ordered the incredible this past monday
    didnt feel like waiting for a phone that was pretty much the same that is being released now

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Im with Hockey on this one, The N1 seems to keep being delayed for some reason or another...unless Google is waiting on flash support before they release it which imo is not a smart move. Support happens later...give the public what it wants.

-4moredays-

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    they really blew it on this one for sure!

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    +1 at that!

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Here is some information I found that could shed a little bit of light on the situation
    http://socialmediaseo.net/2010/04/24/verizon-nexus-one/

What makes this even more of a "bite the tongue" moment is that the phones are actually made by HTC. So now there are two companies that are in a precarious spot.
    3days

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    makes sense, but its taking an awful long time

9. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Honestly, not releasing is ASAP is a bad move now that the Incredible is coming out on the 29th. I've also been wondering.. which is the better screen between the N1 and the Incredible?

Nexus One:
    -3.7 inch (diagonal) widescreen WVGA AMOLED touchscreen
    -800 x 480 pixels
    -100,000:1 typical contrast ratio
    -1ms typical response rate

Incredible:
    -3.7 inch (diagonal) 800x480 WVGA OLED touch screen

10. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Im gonna post my thoughts on the Incredible screen when I get a chance to actually test it in the likeness of what is known as "The Outside World" altho I do not yet know what this "sunlight" is that everyone speaks highly of, I do know it will be an exciting adventure.

11. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Nexus who ? Lol. :005:snicker