1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy larger MicroSD cards

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Eugene, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Mine is getting a bit tight on space already. I managed to fill up 16GB of storage already.

#1 Eugene, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  2. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    you've filled up 16 gigs already!? holy crap.

i don't think 32 gb MICRO sd cards are out yet, but they should be soon.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009

I buy most my computer stuff online at tigerdirect.com. They have great service and often free shipping.

7 more days !!!

5. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    do they have then available? all i've seen are 32 gig regular sd cards.

6. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    There is no such thing as a bigger micro sd card than 16gigs what did you fill it with all music?

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    actually, from various sources around the interwebs, they do exist, at least in a sandisk laboratory. they should be coming out next year with not only with 32gb micro sd cards, but also 64gb micro sd cards.

8. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Thats awesome news and will be very cool when it comes out but really who fills a 16 gig card that fast? lol. unless they are making it their mp3 player too :dft012:wink i had put some mp3's on for the gym yesterday but than just loaded up my last fm and streamed it that way :dft003:cool

9. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I put on all my music (25 cd's worth maybe) and the last 6 months of my pictures. I tried the same with WM and copying the full size pictures it was too slow to display them, the driod can actually display the full size pictures, though the gallary app is a bit slow at first.

10. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    So you do utilize it as an mp3 player, cool. Have you ever used last.fm, slacker, or pandora? They are great apps to stream music of your liking, last.fm is personally my favorite because it only plays the artists you put in there unlike the other programs that play all the songs in that "genre"

11. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    that's actually the reason i like pandora. because i can tell it what i like with artists and it plays songs that it thinks i would like based on that.

12. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I've never tried any of the streaming, wouldn't you hit the 5G data limit easily?
    Someday I'd like to just be able to copy/paste my whole pictures and music folders on a device this small, one reason to have another backup. Right now the smallest device with that functionality is my asus netbook but if I could fit everything on a phone then I wouldn't need the netbook.

13. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    not that easily. you'd have to stream like all the time i would think. streaming music isn't that much band width and it's compressed for mobile anyway, so it isn't desktop quality you're pulling in.

14. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007

Unless all you do all day is listen to music than your 5 gig bandwith will be fine, i use it at the gym and sometimes in my car and have no issues with bandwith. Just if you stream all day long that may be another story.

15. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I dont think you can hit the 5gig limit without tethering. I have been watching my data usage at vzw for some time now and I have never gone over one gig with my Q9c. I am on palringo 24/7 watch alot of online video thru skyfire and youtube also stream pandora thru my car speakers. I am always on the forums and I download alot of 5mb files thru email.
    I am sure when I get the Droid it will go up tho.

6 more days !!!

16. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Yeah i gotta get my droid sound to go through my speakers need an aux cable just keep forgetting to pick one up lol. so that i can listen to my music and follow along with gypsy (aka google maps nav lady/machine/robot)

17. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009

I am so looking forward to the Droid that you all are driving me nuts with envy. :035:explode LOL
    But soon I will be able to join the ranks in the Droid army.

6 more days !!!

18. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    One of the reasons I never use streaming or everything in the cloud is when we go to my parents house there is no reception, they are far enough out in the sitcks that UPS even refuses to deliver there. I can occasionally get a phone if I drive on top of a mountain, so I like to have data stored locally and sync'ed.

19. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    so what you're really saying is that you would rather listen to music on your droid than visit with your parents. i see how you are.

20. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    not just music, pictures, documents, etc.

21. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i was just kidding.:015:stick_tounge