1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Where Will The Power (and Memory) Hunger Stop?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by stevetaz, Jul 9, 2013.

1. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Here is an article about a bored Galaxy Note 2 developer/user who reconfigured a Note 2 to hold an 8500 mAh battery and a 256 GB SD card. That is a bigger capacity than the battery used in the Galaxy 10.1 tab (7000 mAh?).

The mod done is certainly not pretty and might be viewed as a tad bulky, but if one uses a Note one can't possibly be concerned with the device being bulky, can they?

256 GB cards are already "only" about $500 (Amazon) so I am sure many will be looking forward to jumping in.....Not sure what the battery costs.

<Insert Face Palm Here>

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Whoa...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Jimminy Cricket....I don't have 288 gigs worth of stuff across my computers, NAS, phone, tablet, and work PC and that's counting backups.

5. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    It's bigger than the battery in the Xoom too. And you know as well as I do it won't stop. It may take a while to have that much memory in all of our phones, and it certainly will take a lot longer for battery tech to make a battery that size normal, but we will get there. Cellphones follow Moore's law too