1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Where's the MANUAL??

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by PilotGav, Sep 4, 2012.

1. PilotGav

PilotGav New Member

Aug 15, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I just bought my first Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE) and so far I'm very happy, however I'm amazed that there's NO manual/help for the OS.

For example - I needed to know how to ignore an incoming call.

I'm not looking for an answer to that specific question here, but rather - WHERE is all this information kept? There's no manual with the phone, and I can't find anything on the web which goes through how to use each feature of the phone.

Thanks for any advice or resources :)

Gavin

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Most phones have manuals and help built in to their OS. I don't have a Galaxy so I can't say why you don't see one, but did you wander over to the Samsung site? They have all kinds of links for support and manuals. Key in the requested information and I am sure you will find what you need.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    As and example, on my HTC there is an icon labeled "HTC Mobile Guide" and there is a manual of basic functions on the device and links to their support sites. I have to believe Samsung has something similar.....

5. breadbutt

breadbutt New Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I thought this was odd too. My phone came with a manual, but it was small and lacked a lot of info. When I found it online, I realized they probably left it out because it's a whopping 365 pages.

there is a link to a pdf on the samsung site.
    http://www.samsung.com/us/support/
    then click on "cellphones" and enter your phones model information. You may have to turn off your phone, and remove the battery to view the model number as it isn't "Galaxy S2 LTE"

for instance, I have a Galaxy S3, but my model number is SHG-T999
    my manual is here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SGH-T999MBATMB