1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is going to carry the google nexus 5?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Nov 2, 2013.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I don't see this phone for sale anywhere on VZW or best buy. How would one get this and still use it on VZW?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It will be on sale at Best Buy but only for AT&T (actually they wont be selling it but it will work on their network), Sprint and T-Mobile. You can get it from the Play Store for right now.

Verizon will not be carrying it, thank big red.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Well carp.....that blows moose munch....
    Guess I'll be keeping the Nexus runing as long as I can then <G>

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Tell me about it. I am not a happy camper with Big Red right now.

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    What's their reason for not carrying it?

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I don't think they gave one, however based on their lackluster effort with the Galaxy Nexus I think they just don't want to be bothered with it.

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Potato heads! <G>
    Certainly cuts down the attrativeness of any options. Don't know why VZW is still so in love with Motorola devices.
    Clunky, Hefty, Downward spiraling company, etc...Motorola hasn't made a good device since the Q. (IMO).

9. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Either that, or they want the control that comes in via non-stock android so that they can push all of their crap.

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    All of this brings up a question.... what's the best source of info for upcoming releases of phones? so you cna plan for that really good one coming around the corner, etc....?

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    The Moto X is a good phone,a real good phone, but that's it.

That is exactly it Bob. How will we know it's a Verizon phone without all the crapwareAnd giant logos!?

Aside from eA? :)
    I like Droid Life, Android Central and Android Police.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Everything Android mobile app

12. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    The logos have never bothered me. All the software pushing thier music, their videos, their maps, their navigational assistant, etc... did.

Thanks. And yes aside from eA, but not sure the discussion forums are currently providing that level of information about upcoming soon to be released stuff? I occassionally see posts from Chris with that flavor and they are much appreciated.

13. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    So if there's no Nexus 5, what's the next best smartphone recomndation? Sansung Note 3--the phablet? I won't touch a Motorola.

14. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Do you want a phone or a phablet?

I highly recommend the Samsung Galaxy series. The S4 is highly rated and my current, the older S3 is still serving my needs well. I am not a gamer, I don't download the latest anything, but I do make calls, send/receive email all day and text my daughter when she lets me. I also use it daily at the gym for music. While working on the exterior of the house I also streamed Slacker or Pandora and was amazed the battery lasted all day.

15. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Can't go wrong with the S4 or Note 3

16. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Thanks Steve and Scott. Have been reading the reviews of the note3 as well as the g2 from LG. Will have to add in the S4 to the reading.

17. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Usage is similar. Not a single game on mine...not even sodoku. Text, email, call. To do list, browser, Feedly news reading. That's probably 99% of my usage right there.

18. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Are both the S4 and Note3 supposed to get KitKat?

19. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Forgot about the G2.. good one too

I'm not 100% sure, but u don't see why not. they are the most recent phones

20. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    According to this list, yes. Both will.

21. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    By the way, do keep in mind there is nothing I have seen that officially verifies Samsung will bring KitKat to both devices. Samsung has been a bit tight-lipped about their plans.

You might also enjoy this comparison of the Note 3 and the Galaxy S4. Has some nice in-depth information.