1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

who's thinking of getting the new note2?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by rom x, Nov 1, 2012.

1. rom x

Bronze

Jun 27, 2011

Sponsored Ad

i have to say sammy is really stepping it up a notch with this new game changing phone.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Does look to be an awesome entry in the phone wars.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Note2 has definitely peaked my interested, but I am under contract right now, if I wasn't this is what I would get.

5. Watcher

Bronze

Aug 24, 2012
    I AM!!!

6. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    TBH I got the original note and was quite annoyed that the promised S Pen apps and Jelly Bean never materialized. I still have it running CM10 but at this point I'm waiting on SnapDragon4 Pro phone with a uSD slot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

7. Erick Kincaid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2011
    you meant that samsung should make cell phones for gaming purpose?

8. Watcher

Bronze

Aug 24, 2012
    Those uSD cards are HUGE! I can't see that being adopted across the cellular market when the idea is to make memory cards and their slots smaller. Are there any advantages to them over microSDHC and microSDXC cards?

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I have never seen a uSD card before and yes, it is huge. I suppose an advantage is that it has a built-in USB port.

10. Woofus

Woofus New Member

Oct 16, 2010
    <------- Got mine! LOVIN' it! :)A

11. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Agree. The smaller the slot the better. Except where the slot is nonexistent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

12. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Ditto. As I always say when I'm on a phone honeymoon: best phone ever. We will see how long this euphoric feeling will last.

13. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Should be over by Monday or Tuesday, no Aggie? LOL.....

14. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Lol we will see my friend. In Florida at Disney now but my shiny Nexus 4 will be waiting at home when I get back.

15. rajeevk

rajeevk New Member

Sep 25, 2012
    I have got my galaxy note 2 international version. I have explored some of the great hidden features in galaxy note 2.
    Will let you know some other day.

16. Watcher

Bronze

Aug 24, 2012
    I have some questions, if you don't mind answering them...

1. Where did you buy it?

2. How much did you pay for it?

3. Do you live in the U.S. and if so, what cellular carrier are you on?

4. And most importantly, did it come with the split-screen update already installed or do you have to wait for a carrier update?

17. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007

I had the international version and used it on AT&T before the AT&T version was released. It worked wonderfully on their HSPA+ network. I was getting speeds of 6-10 mbps down in Dallas with decent ping times.

The international version has the multi Window mode enabled. While I really miss this feature I needed my LTE as I use mobile hot spot quite a bit with work. I am now waiting for a carrier update for the at&t version.

I bought mine on Craigslist but there are various importers you can get it from for around 650. I've bought from expansys-usa.com a few times and had no issues. They have it in stock last I checked.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Eastmore

Eastmore New Member

Sep 1, 2012
    I'm not, but that's what every body around me is talking about. Getting kind of annoyed actually LOL

19. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    RAZR Maxx HD has a big enough screen for me, if I need any bigger I'll use my xoom. I have big hands and a 4.7 inch screen is about the biggest I could comfortably use

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Everything Android

20. Watcher

Bronze

Aug 24, 2012
    Thank you, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar! (y)

21. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    LOL, OK, I should have said µSD but it's a pain finding that character.