1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do all my apps now have ad banners?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dkfc3423, Sep 5, 2013.

1. dkfc3423

dkfc3423 Guest

Sponsored Ad

I have been noticing that most, if not all, of my apps now have small ad banners in them. I have unchecked the Google ad thing in settings and still no good. I have run Air Push Detector and it found nothing. I ran Lookout Ad Network Detector and it found some things and selected Opt out for the ones it found...still no good.

Where are these things coming from??

2. badbadboy123

badbadboy123 Guest

Always have.......

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Are these apps you have downloaded? Can you name a few?

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Many apps that have a "free" version vs. a "pay" version have scrolling banner ads in them. If phone is rooted, you can install ad blockers, which also prevent pop-up ads from the internet.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 1
  6. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    You could also just turn your data off when you go to use these apps. Ads can't get through without data access.

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Unless it is an app that requires data.....

8. badbadboy123

badbadboy123 Guest

If you don’t know many abt android, I promote aircover security to do all for your phone.

Actually, it’s you question make me find this AirCover Security, it performs specially in Privacy Advisor

It has an AD detector which monitors apps with annoying ads and can help you uninstall unwanted apps forever.

9. dkfc3423

dkfc3423 Guest

Thank you for your recommendation., I‘ll try. Hope the result is good, AirCover Security is a new product? Never used before?

10. dkfc3423

dkfc3423 Guest

Yes, in fact, I just download these, feel very trouble

• Like Like x 1
  11. Olivia50

Bronze

Sep 18, 2013
    That's strange. haven't noticed such issues with Nexus by now.....

12. dkfc3423

dkfc3423 Guest

Thank you, I have been used AirCover Security, Very good products , both antivirus and security are very good

13. Fatima Tayab

Fatima Tayab New Member

Feb 27, 2015

These things are coming from Google............And Android is the product of Google, so technically, Google will not allow to stop it.

14. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Seriously? Almost eighteen months later for your insightful thoughts?

Cut it out...

15. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    I am also facing this adds when I am using apps but I don't have problem because its require only data working on..