1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does my phone take 7 minutes to boot?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Mar 12, 2013.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Literally. 5 spent sitting there saying google, then 2 at the multicolored x then boots. Never fails to boot, but just takes a massively long time. Nothing but stock all the way. No roots no mods probably even have less apps loaded than most.

Thoughts?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Mine does that too on occasion. Usually first boot after an update (stock OTA or custom ROM) it can take 8 - 10 min and sometimes it just does it for no reason.

Haven't been able to put my finger on why it does it randomly.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    ok...good info, thanks. Tf you do figure it out, let me know. Mine started after the last OTA or so. Initial purchase with Android whatever lower level it was, didn't do that.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It's a stock unrooted Verizon galaxy nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Everything Android

#4 n99hockey, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    He doesn't need it, he has stated such before. Not everyone needs to root their phone, if it works for the user then it is fine.

#5 n99hockey, Mar 13, 2013
  7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Thanks Scott.

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I can appreciate that you may have a differnet opinion, but I have no interest in rooting my phone.

#7 EQBob, Mar 13, 2013
  9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    He doesn't, so what...

#8 n99hockey, Mar 13, 2013
  10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    What it means is that you don't understand how I use my phone. Not that I have to explain myself to you, but I consider my phone to be a critical piece of infrastructure. I am essentially on call 24.7 and I want maximum reliability. I don't play games on it, I don't watch videos on it. I read and respond to email and make and receive calls. It's not a toy to me.

Your mileage my vary. When I had a Windows Mobile phone and not as much critical responsibility, I did homescreens and tried all kinds of new and neat things. I don't have the time to do that anymore, nor the inclination.

You come on pretty strong for a new member to a forum. I can respect making an entrance, but you might want to consider not making the cardinal sin of assuming that what you do, is what everyone does.

#9 EQBob, Mar 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  11. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Sheesh. This isn't texting Sparky. Come join the written language and try to express yourself intelligently.

12. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    What do you expect from someone calling themself "the lox".........

13. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Good point. Maybe they'll try again and call themselves "The Bagel"

14. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Add a shmear and I will be there......

15. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Just make sure the coffee is good.